Amp for front speakers

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
You may have noticed my other posts on here about my door SPS-171A's.

Now thinking of getting an amp for the front.

(a) what sort of power do I need (the SPS-171A's are peak 250W) and

(b) where the hell do you put an amp in the front?

Maplin have got one for £40 (2x100W RMS) by Nikkai. Has anyone ever heard of them? Also, 2x100W RMS - is that really going to make a lot of difference compared to my 2x50W RMS HU (front) output at the moment....?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Like paddy said under any of the seats or put it in the boot, you would just need long speaker wire to run it to the boot!

Er, I made one humbungous cock up in the post - it's 250W PEAKfor the speakers, and 100W PEAK for the amp (and 50W peak from the HU). :upside: :upside: :upside:

Does this still apply...?

dont put amps under seats UNLESS you got a fan there too. Because it will heat up too quick and set on fire :) Boot is the place. Only other place is to be unique and put it in the roof lining :D

Roof lining would be worse than under seats!In the boot you aint got a fan, my mate has got an amp under the passenger seat and its fine!!

Make sure you don't get some drunken gimp in the back that can't keep their feet still!

I'd go for the boot matey.

benmicrasr said:
Roof lining would be worse than under seats!In the boot you aint got a fan, my mate has got an amp under the passenger seat and its fine!!

well roof lining i was thinking of MDF (again lol) and cut out a hole for Amp to fit perfect inside and then but a few PC fans inside the MDF and put like a Perpex window in and a neon so you can see the Amp above you (not while driving though lol)

Back