1 set of pre-outs - amp and sub?

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
I've only got one set of outputs on the back of my headunit, and they are currently being used by my sub (sub/amp/box package). I need to get an amp to power the rest of the speakers properly, and it will need to go into the back of the head unit as well. Can I run both off of the head unit?

Say I got a 4x50w RMS amp to run 4x 45w RMS speakers, could I also run a line from the new amp to the sub's own amp? Or would that kill something/someone?

Any help would be great, ta

Tom

mike

I love Ed!!!!
tom, to be honest hock your headunit and buy a second hand alpine/pioneer/kenwood etc with 3 pre outs. a spilt signal has it's down sides and I'm guessing your pre out is set up for a sub so may cut off some of the higher ranges.

OP
OP
Tom Messy

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Is there a reason this is cheap?
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1180.html

Thing is I don't think it has a phono out for me to connect to the sub's amp! I should have anticipated subs and amps when I got the headunit!! Otherwise it seems perfect as far as I can see for running my 4 45w speakers.

If not, can anyone recommend an amp that will be good for 4x 45w speakers, with outputs for the sub's amp so I don't have to get a new head unit? It's confusing me, sorry! :blush:

Tom

anyone?

Just seem the Blaupunkt GTA460 which looks like it has phono outs on it if anyone knows about them?

OP
OP
Tom Messy

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Right, as a new headunit is out of the question, I'm going with a pair of splitters and that Blaupunkt amplifier.

Now a possibly silly question about wiring kits...

I see all different brands of wiring kits etc, but would I need to go with the same brand as the amp, or do they all have the same connectors? I suppose I'd only need one that would handle up to around 800w (same as amp), so would something like this do?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyn...6.html?cadid=779cca4b3d8ae9894f63df754fa470a7

Sorry for all the silly questions but electrics and audio technicalities really aren't my thing!

Ta for any help,

Tom

Hugh

Connectors and kits are all the same.
No need to stay with same brand as the other kit you have.
The Spl Dynamics kit you linked to will be fine.