Alternator belt squeal

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
hi all, on cold mornings or when raining my alternator belt squeals like mad on my k11 and is extremely annoying, it sounds like an old transit van! and i was wondering if anyone here knows how to tighten it up. Step-by-step would be ideal but all replies will be appreciated. Thanks, John

thanks for the reply. I dont have a/c or PAS (mine is very basic) but I have found some tutorials on the internet on how to do it, i just need to wait for a dry day and ill try and sort it out

thanks for the reply. I dont have a/c or PAS (mine is very basic) but I have found some tutorials on the internet on how to do it, i just need to wait for a dry day and ill try and sort it out
Can you post links to the tutorials as I'm after changing the two drive belts too on my 1.0L. Alternator belt is straightforward but the other one looks trickier

If its a 1.0l k11 its very easy to tighten your altenator belt there is a 14mm bolt you need to first loosen on the altenator bracket, Once you have slackend that off a bit there is a 12mm that you tighten and this will then put tension on the belt. once you get the desired tension. Tighten up the 14mm again job done :D takes all of 5 minuites.

Back