Power steering squeal

Hi,

I get a squeal sound coming from the engine bay at seemingly random times, sounds exactly like the typical belt squeal of a worn belt, but both my belts look fine - not ripped or feathered at all and they were changed around 2 months ago.

also, at startup, my steering is reallly hard for the first 5 seconds as if I have no power steering.

Any ideas? power steering pump on last legs?
also last week, after driving for about 30 min, my power steering fluid was bubbling in the reservoir.

please help me out people, thanks!

‘leakage in the power steering component’ has been an advisory on my MOT for the last 3 years.

Oil on the water pump or belt , how old are the belts?
Tight?,
Dirty pullys?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Its dark now but I'll check tomorrow. When I changed the cams, I did spill droplets of oil here and there, so maybe there is oil on the belt.

I bought the belts from euro car parts and fitted them in straightaway, but they could have been old stock, I'll never know.

Appreciate the advice mate - I'll look into it tomorrow.

Unrelated but don’t see the point in starting another thread:

today after driving for about 30min, I put the feet heaters on full blast hot while driving gently for around 10min straight. Then when I looked at the temp gauge, it had fallen to around 1/3 of the way up the gauge, compared to its usual 1/2 way up the gauge.

I turned the heaters off and the temp went back to 1/2 way up the gauge within 7-8min of driving.

Is this normal?

Unrelated but don’t see the point in starting another thread:

today after driving for about 30min, I put the feet heaters on full blast hot while driving gently for around 10min straight. Then when I looked at the temp gauge, it had fallen to around 1/3 of the way up the gauge, compared to its usual 1/2 way up the gauge.

I turned the heaters off and the temp went back to 1/2 way up the gauge within 7-8min of driving.

Is this normal?
Sometimes mine specially if idling would do it it, in the end the thermostat died , so got a OEM one from quickco , and I got abit of bord Infront of the rad (I leave it there all the time ), as my car still takes alittle while to warm up to some?, Just how it's always been specially in the cold ,
As for the belts ,
On mine I had a weaping rocker cover and some got on the water and crank was ok then as it got warmer it would squeel , on and off,. Just cleaned the pulleys , tightened up been fine since , 10k

Sometimes mine specially if idling would do it it, in the end the thermostat died , so got a OEM one from quickco , and I got abit of bord Infront of the rad (I leave it there all the time ), as my car still takes alittle while to warm up to some?, Just how it's always been specially in the cold ,
As for the belts ,
On mine I had a weaping rocker cover and some got on the water and crank was ok then as it got warmer it would squeel , on and off,. Just cleaned the pulleys , tightened up been fine since , 10k

okay that’s super helpful! Thanks pal

Back