almera engine in a micra

It's always a different matter when the engine isn't meant to be in said car.

The only way of knowing for sure is to call around and get some quotes.

Alfonze, don't forget if your considering a conversion you'l' have to uprate brakes/suspension too.. It's a lot of money.

i couldn't get my 1.6 insured, i tried for the entire time i had it and the only quote i got was adrian flux and it was over £4000, so i never got it insured.

the joys of being young wanting more power with little money for insurance hikes....modding is an illness [walletrotitus]

............that usually eats and rots away your wallet

Try and get myself a 1.3 engine then from somewhere when i can afford it been quoted £125 todayplus £125 fitting with minor service.

thats not a bad price to get it fitted, although you may get your ewngine cheaper if you look about

I got a CG13 for £60

Also, if it's just due to the rattling timing chain, it's a very very common issue, and causes no problems unless you have a seriously high milage engine.

the ga16 looks the same as the cg10, to the untrained eye, why get it insured as a 1.6 when you can enjoy more power but lower insurance costs, approx 60% of drivers are driving with undeclared modifications, join the club haha

oh and can i just add my cg10 is faster than my cg13

work that one out

the ga16 looks the same as the cg10, to the untrained eye, why get it insured as a 1.6 when you can enjoy more power but lower insurance costs, approx 60% of drivers are driving with undeclared modifications, join the club haha

work that one out

fwn

So you're driving with undeclared mods?

And admitiing it on a worldwide accessable forum! anyway it doesn't take an expert to look at an engine number!

work that one out

Err, you haven't declared any mods? Lets just say, if I find out your registration number, you'll be having a phone call from your insurance company.
Boils my p**** people like you, thinking they can get away with it.

I have had the full going over by the police before. They checked engine numbers, chasis numbers, everything there was to check. Fortunatly my van and I were 100% legit, otherwise I would have been caught. Pulled over randomly, not for speeding or swerving etc. If you are going to drive illegally, just make sure you are prepared to take the punishment if you are caught.

Seems like a LOT of trouble getting a conversion on the road legally now, put me right off :glance: thats actually a good thing though, helped me decide what to do when the car is paid off :) janspeed, injectors, cams, remap etc. hehe

Where is that thread Ed posted about not talking rubbish and giving bad advice etc? Noticed it a few weeks back, thought it was a sticky but cant find it. Should help greatly if everyone is forced to read it somehow, then you wouldnt have all this boolax posted above :suspect:

Its only done 87k miles, but its annoying as hell. Is there anyway I can get it fixed without a new engine, either that or cheaper the better.

work that one out

So basicly your bragging that youve got a 1.6 and passed it off as a litre and only insured as a 1.0 thats not on

Its only done 87k miles, but its annoying as hell. Is there anyway I can get it fixed without a new engine, either that or cheaper the better.

So basicly your bragging that youve got a 1.6 and passed it off as a litre and only insured as a 1.0 thats not on

It is wrong, but it isn't our business. :grinning:

It is wrong, but it isn't our business. :grinning:

A fiver says you'd have a massive hissy fit if an uninsured driver hit you, and the inevitable wait for the MIB to sort out your money.

Edit: It damn well is our business, if you're uninsured your more likely to do a runner.
I think I'm starting an uninsured drivers list.

Business or not, don't hijack someone elses thread over it.

Just get the cg13, change the chain with the engine out, get a new clutch and just generaly clean it up before its dropped in.

New clutch easy £30, full blown chain set £130 or just ignore the noise as its not that bad if you have the right oil in. Engine you have already said 125.

Strongly advise you get a new clutch rather than rely on the one on a strange engine. If it goes the gear box only has to come off again then your regret that £30.

plus labour. cant i just get a new chain on my engine would it be cheaper? whats the right oil?

wow if I went that route im looking about £600

Chain will be fine, ignore it!

Clutch you can change yourself, requires very very little mechanical skill when the engines out! Basicly you need two eyes 6 fingers and to know what a spanner is.

Wheres the 600 from?

Try and get myself a 1.3 engine then from somewhere when i can afford it been quoted £125 todayplus £125 fitting with minor service.

£250 plus £30 equals £280

Well I worked out engine £125, timing chain £130, Clutch £35, service £30 plus labour at god knows what

Ignore the timing chain it will be fine, service and clutch you will do yourself and we will help you. Its easy and the toolds will be cheaper than the labour. Also the best way to learn the basics.

Yeah Il just service it. Till it breaks I dont need to spend £400. on new engine, new chain and a clutch maybe.

Also read it might be the gear shift linker, whatever that is. I found a guide saying what I have is not a chain issue I think.

dose it get quieter when its heated up also dose it stop when you put your foot on the clutch?
have you checked all you heat shields are tight

when was the last time you changed the engine oil
i know when ive changed the oil it quietened the chain down
cg, ga, engines need regular oil changes or they make noise

Oil £12
Oil filter £4
Fuel filter £4
spark plugs £10ish
Air filter £8

tools: small Oil filter wrench, spanner set, pair of pliers, spark plug socket and wrench. Not sure on price as i normaly get snap-on tools, sure someone knows halfords prices.

don't need an oil filter wrench if you're trying to save money. Hammer a big spanner through the centre and use that to get the old one off.

I imagine an average tool kit will be fine, apart from a spark plug socket.

Err, you haven't declared any mods? Lets just say, if I find out your registration number, you'll be having a phone call from your insurance company.
Boils my p**** people like you, thinking they can get away with it.

i have a completely standard 98 1.3 si and a completely standard 1.0 L k11, in no way shape or form did i say i was driving with undeclared modifications and i certainly didnt say i was driving with no insurance, a perfect example of people being a**eholes on here once again , i welcome any kind of inspection, id love to go over your car!!!

and my 1.0 litre is faster than my 1.3 si, i was merely asking why????

idiots mun!!!!

i have a completely standard 98 1.3 si and a completely standard 1.0 L k11, in no way shape or form did i say i was driving with undeclared modifications and i certainly didnt say i was driving with no insurance, a perfect example of people being a**eholes on here once again , i welcome any kind of inspection, id love to go over your car!!!

Ok, I apologise. I read your post and it sounded like an innuendo for undeclared mods.
My car is completely as it left sunderland, apart from a CD player (£50 halfords jobby I suspect) and a cigarette socket I installed.

Sorry Alfonze.

1.3 is probably in need of a desperate service or you have a lot of stuff in the back.

In my CG10 with Janspeed manifold, a de-cat and ashley bacbox, with just 2 seats, couldn't out run a stock CG13 from 50mph

Back