Almera N15 Brakes ----------------

I know its been covered so many times and i did do a sesrch but cannot seem to find the comparison for the 1.4 and 1.6 calipers, could someone clarify the calpers and discs from the 1.4 and 1.6 almera are the exact same despite the engine size? The year of model is 1995 - 1999.

Cheers

J

frank

Club Member
the ones i fitted to my super s were a tad smaller than stock J, and were weaker than stock if anything (different pads maybe) but they were vented tho, so less prone to fade in theory

Frank, what were smaller than stock? Id thought the Almera N15 1.4 and the 1.6 brake calipers and discs are the exact same size and bigger over stock K11 calipers??

J

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
The discs are ~1mm smaller in dia but vented and the calipers are a bigger dia which gives more stopping power (but longer pedal) a great upgrade for very little money :)

@SuperUno, to overcome pedal travel (longer pedal) what brake cylinder from what model nissan could i use to eliminate brake travel so that as soon as i push down onto the brakes i get the brake feeling instant as i do with stock brakes if that makes sence?

Cheers

J

frank

Club Member
you are not gonna gain any power assistance then tho J, all you will gain is some brake-fade reduction

you are not gonna gain any power assistance then tho J, all you will gain is some brake-fade reduction

I see frank, so you reckon by sticking to standard brake master cylinder is good enough for the N15 brake calipers then? I guess a bigger servo with alternative master cylinder would best bet but thats a whole new ball game... which im not prepard to carry out..... :)

Cheers

J

frank

Club Member
my mera calipers had the same size pistons iirc J, its usually the 2.0 (gti) calipers that give the alarmingly long pedal, mine relies on wheel offset and a wind deflector for brakefade avoidance (and no naff splitter blocking the airflow either)
rear bias valve delete was the best brake mod i have done :)

P4080639.JPG

Excellent frank, makes sence!!!! I need to get myself cross drilled discs, good pads and braided brake hoses then i shall be fitting my front calipers if thats the case.

Cheers frank

J

my mera calipers had the same size pistons iirc J, its usually the 2.0 (gti) calipers that give the alarmingly long pedal, mine relies on wheel offset and a wind deflector for brakefade avoidance (and no naff splitter blocking the airflow either)
rear bias valve delete was the best brake mod i have done :)

View attachment 40924
Frank..how did you attach airscoop to cool the disc and how did you delete rear bias valve block ?

frank

Club Member
Frank..how did you attach airscoop to cool the disc and how did you delete rear bias valve block ?
just bolted to the wishbone iirc jimmy
and made 2 delete pipes
mot man was impressed with the rear brake output too, he said k11,s usually scrape through the brake test

PA210232.JPG