Almera to micra sr20 help!!

Hi I'm an Nissan almera GTI owner, but now I want to get a k11 micra and use the engine from the mera GTI and do a conversion on the micra, so anyone know what mods I would need for this, e.g mounts etc, all help is appreciated, thanks

P.s. I'm in Lancashire so any one close by that's done a micra sr20, thanks

ive seen a few k11's on fleabay, but i f i have a rough idea how much a conversion would stand me at, i could then get a k11 accordingly as im still a uni student :blush:

Its not something out of the world if your mechanically minded..

I'd do it with a SR20 out of a Nissan Almera coz im fairly handy with 'em..

Modified Drivers Side Mount - Not hard if you've got a welding machine
Modified Gearbox Mount - IIRC the mount from the GA engines would be a good shout and not TOO hard to customise
Custom Driveshafts - about £80 a pair for a PROPER job
IIRC the micra underbrace doesn't need much work to accomodate the SR20 OR an Almera Underbrace

Finally, wiring.. as long as you've got your wiring diagrams at hand.. fire away!!

:)

Manchester crew invaded...

Its not something out of the world if your mechanically minded..

I'd do it with a SR20 out of a Nissan Almera coz im fairly handy with 'em..

Modified Drivers Side Mount - Not hard if you've got a welding machine- Wrong. No welding needed.
Modified Gearbox Mount - IIRC the mount from the GA engines would be a good shout and not TOO hard to customise Wrong, SR mount is easier to modify
Custom Driveshafts - about £80 a pair for a PROPER job - Wrong again, Only one side needs modified.
IIRC the micra underbrace doesn't need much work to accomodate the SR20 OR an Almera Underbrace - Much easier using SR20 underbrace

Finally, wiring.. as long as you've got your wiring diagrams at hand.. fire away!! Correct.

:)

i know bits n bots about cars, how much am i looking at for the conversion parts and how easy/hard are they to buy? thanks

I had a read, but just skim read

Drives Side Engine mount - Really? Thought there'd be more to it to be honest

Gearbox Mount -
I removed the Gearbox mount form the Almera.So the Almera mount was used due to it being beefier than the Micra one as you can see

Driveshafts - So I'm assuming the drivers side drive-shaft is the one being customized right?

Underbrace - Micra one CAN be used though..

Wiring - I shall figure it out hopefully :)

Custom.

Its not a swap to do unless you are mechanically minded and have the time/space/money.

Not a simple Almera 1.6 to a 2.0 job. Alot more work involved and will take longer than a weekend.

I had a read, but just skim read

Drives Side Engine mount - Really? Thought there'd be more to it to be honest

Gearbox Mount -

Driveshafts - So I'm assuming the drivers side drive-shaft is the one being customized right?

Underbrace - Micra one CAN be used though..

Wiring - I shall figure it out hopefully :)

Nope, just trim it down to fit..

Yes we cut up a GA mount basically because we didnt have an SR mount at the time. But had a GA one there so cut it up and fabricated it. Woulda been less work to use an SR mount, but we didnt have one.

Passeneger side.

Taking advice from Dave Bull, Use the GTi underbrace and use the almera LOWER crossmember and weld it the micra front panel. Just needing to widen the rear holes on the brace to fit the micra holes in the chassis.

What happened to the "plug and play" K11 - SR20" loom you were offering Ross aswell?

Its not a swap to do unless you are mechanically minded and have the time/space/money.
Not a simple Almera 1.6 to a 2.0 job. Alot more work involved and will take longer than a weekend.

That doesn't worry me to be honest..

Also, I'd still go with getting the modified shafts than the getting the almera hub pressed onto the micra knuckle

Back