All hail Frank

Just in case no-ones noticed, What did you do to your micra today is just about to hit 500,00 views' might even be some sort of record?
Thanks to Frank's idea of a general discussion-bit of banter thread we all have a chance to gossip and fool around a bit.
Also his knowledge and help on all things micra related knows no bounds, the font of knowledge he gladly passes on to all is priceless and saves us a lot of pennies, so, without more ado, as the title says....all hail Frank.
My thanks to you Frank, long may you continue to the one million mark.
Maybe a medal/ certificate from the administrators will wing its way to you????
PS I know others gladly advise and my thanks to them also.
Three cheers for Frank hip hip......hip hip....hip hip.. ;)

real deal this man. creating realism
20120911_144402.jpg

boy said around 70 you may see some serious stuff

20120911_144247.jpg

frankspeed steels 14'z with a touch of 'z

markbognor shifter knog
don't forget the numerous other people on here doing productions

Last edited:
spider still hanging,must like the company.
he got the fly colours on :)
20140613_154317.jpg

1 eye on you alpina and its other eyes on you when he meet in person

I've just found this thread. Frank since I've joined here you've been my go to for...everything. All the way from NI, thank you...your help is priceless.

I think I should make a decal just for my Micra dedicating it to frankspeed.

If it turns out well ill make you all one!

Last edited:
.....schhhthat wasn't very nice..........schhhthat wasn't very nice..........schhhthat wasn't very nice..........schhhthat wasn't very nice..........schhhthat wasn't very nice.....BROKEN RECORD phahaha nah come on leave it out man. self proclaimed msc mascot and all that.
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/msc-first.45756/

I don't have any cat imprisoned. ....like a muppet show :)

yo mupppet show frank run things and owns things according to this profile post...........
Hi Frank,
I was just checking out your site and wondered if I could ask for your help?
I'm currently working on a project called Price Any Car to provide free used car guide values to the public and would love to get some feedback from Micra experts. Would it be possible to ask some of your more experienced members for some feedback on our used price guide:http://priceanycar.com/Nissan/Micra/ ?

you just wannabees muppet groupies in comparison to how home bru helps people.should a kept your muppets shut and he would still be around here.

Also, try reversing the angle of the impellor vanes for increased flow efficiency :)
i thought efficient compressors use backswept vanes andy ? your workplace used non angled/radial ones on the spitfire merlin engines iirc (to counter the powerloss from high altitude)

Centrifugal supercharger? Awesome , be good for a little bit of low boost :)
half a bar from idle to 3k rpm will suffice :) that td04 has the 3k to 7k covered

For pressure generation, backswept ones are best. For flow, forward swept ones work best. Have you seen those curved tennis ball throwing aids you get? Same principle :)
473007242_909.jpg

1409730597027.jpg

At low rpm I'd go for forward sloped vanes tbh, as centrifugal pumps are incredibly inefficient at low RPM, as you'll struggle to get the desire air velicities through the pump otherwise.
Also, as the air passes over the vanes, the cross sectional area of the gap between vanes, disc and case gets larger. This causes the air volumetric flow rate to stay the same, but the air velocity drops. Slower velocities for a given flow rate mean higher pressure (like how with a plane wing, having a longer top surface causes the air to move faster, reducing pressure and giving lift).
So the ratio between L1 and L2, L3 and L4 will have an effect on pressure generated :) (L1 and L2 are hard to alter)
At low rpm, forward swept vanes and a larger L3 than L4 would give best results, as you will need to maximise flow efficiency to reduce the stall flow/increase stall pressure as much as possible.
At high RPM, backward swept vanes and a smaller L3 than L4 would give highest pressure, as the flow inefficiency is offset by the high rpm, and the squash effect by being able to reduce the vane gap cross section gives higher boost potential.
Food for thought, be interesting to see how it plays out real world :)

its all very experimental atm andy, but we,re currently getting 2.5 psi and a 2 sec (very loud) binbag burstage with the half hp electric motor and 5k rpm impeller rpm.
gonna try my 1kw startermotor next, with a 3:1 gearing (10 to 15k rpm impeller speed)

P9030080.JPG

Nuts!
Any idea of the cfm it'll maje
spoken by the guy with the boosted 4 carbs project eh neil :)
and i dunno what cfm mate, 100 cfm @ half a bar should feed a CG under 3k rpm i would have thought ?
i only have an rpm gauge and psi gauge for measurements

P9040089.JPG

Back