Hello all!

Andrew16v

Buy & Sell Member
Hello this is my first post on the site would just like to say a big hello to my fellow micra owners, my names Andrew im 20 from the West Midlands (herefordshire).

i was goin to post in the introduction section but it seemed abit bare, ive recently purchased a Micra 1.0l 3dr LX 75,000miles 11 months M.O.T, 6 Months Tax (£400 i paid)

Gear change is smooth, Clutch is smooth, doesnt sound like a lorry on start up idle sounds normal, abit of worryin rust tho and Oil over the engine there is a fair bit, and the car come with the MoT advisory sayin it had an oil leak, im just wondering if Micras are common for minor oil leaks or major oil leaks
(this is my first car im not the most technical minded person),
one more question before i bore you all, plannin on gettin some alloys, just wonderin whats the max size u recommend (width etc)

Plans to her -
Colour code the bumpers, skirts, door handels (maybe mirrors)
Window tint
Alloys
6x9s Subs Amps
Cherry Bomb Exhaust
Change the interior (not decided what to yet)
Lower

Well thanks for reading, if u could answer the questions i would be very gratefull

Thanks Andrew

hello andrew (Y) and welcome, you would be best to steamclean the engine first so that you can search for the source of the leak

Micras have a small issue with the valve cover gasket and the timing chain cover, near the engine mount, nothing that some sealant and a new cover gasket shoudnt solve...

mine leaks a tiny bit from the dizzy area, not narrowed it down yet as its not really bad

Yeah, forgot that one... lol

Just go to a rubber store and buy one similar o-ring, problem solved, did that to my distributor and its fine, no more leaks from that area.

Back