alarm

leave a window open when you set it then climb on in???
Also try opening the bonnet as i think there is a switch in there which should also set off the alarm. o_O

I know on my car i can turn off the sensors by putting in the key and turning it one click then back again(twice over i think)
If the sensors are off when i set the alarm it beeps, but if there is no beep then the sensors are on.
Should all be in your manual.

Simple question which no one asked so far, is it a alarm or is it just a remote central locking fob. Do you have a siren under the bonnet? If so, what make of alarm is it?

And the easiest way to set a alarm off is to kick the rear tyre.

mike said:
Simple question which no one asked so far, is it a alarm or is it just a remote central locking fob. Do you have a siren under the bonnet? If so, what make of alarm is it?

And the easiest way to set a alarm off is to kick the rear tyre.

even simpler question are there any sensors in your A-pillar (usually at the top)

maxed out micra said:
it has a modulus car alarm and siren 2 sensers at each side of the dash !!!!

Flick the sensors when you're in the car? Oo

Worked with my Passat! My girlfriends toe hit it once while i had it parked up! (don't ask) The Passat alarms itself if it's locked with the fob then opened again without sticking the key in the ignition or opening the door...

Try that!

-JGti

i think the best thing is just to lock the car up, arm it and then open your boot. it's quick simple and doesn't involve diving into a window etc :D

trust me if the alarams any good it'll go off!

I failed to mention... arm it when you're in your car, wait 5mins and then flick a sensor! It should show that it's working... it should go off with less and it should have a sensitivity adjuster on the drivers side sensor! Hopefully! :)
And do as wilsonian said too! ^^

-JGti

do you have switches for the bonnet and boot? there should be push switches that alow the alarm to monitor the status of the boot and the bonnet..... on good alarms :p

was the alarm fitted when you got the car yea?

Back