Help needed with NATS alarm on K11

When I bought my K11 it came with a factory fitted NATS alarm (not just immobiliser) and I just wanted to know how many times the indicators should flash as well as the subsequent times it should beep when arming the alarm?

I pressume that it should flash indicators once and beep once as well. I'm not concerned with disarming the alarm (unlocking the doors) as I know that is two flashes and two beeps.

I only ask because since I've had the car it has always flashed indicators once and beeped once, then after about five seconds or so it has flashed three times consecutively (accompanied by the same number of beeps). I just assumed that was how the alarm armed itself after central locking the doors with the first flash/beep. However, the alarm's been playing up recenty (see this post for more info: http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/possible-electrical-problem.50206/) and it got me thinking that maybe the three flashes/beeps after the first one were some electrical issue and therefore, not supposed to happen.

Someone here must have (or have owned in the past) a K11 with factory fitted alarm.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Back