Alarm + central locking Queries

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

I have a few questions on installing an Alarm system to my very early K11 Super S. OK here goes, my K11 Super S is a "K" reg very early 1993, it did not have central locking or electric windows, but I installed the full system from another later K11 Super S.. Everything is working fine and im happy with it.. the only thing is the central locking system is the "Dumb" system which only works using a key, you open the drivers or passenger door using the key and the other on unlocks too..

I just got some idiot trying to get into my car outside my house a few months ago and they broke a key barrel on one side and bent the top part of the doors outwards so with a speed of 40mph the doors used to shake. I replaced both doors with other ones from a breaking Micra, didnt change the barrels which means I have to use one key to open the doors and one to start the car.. im kinda used to it but if i could change it i would.

I have now installed a Viper Alarm system and the system asks to attach two wire to each side door actuator and two wires to each side of the control switches to each door.. my question is would the Alarm keyfob when pressing unlock, open the doors locks too, rendering the second key (which opens the doors) useless? plus any suggestions on where to place the Alarm control box at all so I can get access to the shock adjustment knob as easiest as possible.

Thanks, and sorry for the long report... bad habit i know

Back