K11 alarm remote

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All, I just wanted to know if anyone has been able to find a spare remote control keyfob for their K11, as I only have one that the car came with can anyone Help? I have since had a spare key cut but without the dead lock control and would like another remote control key instead.

Yours Peter0003.

Hi yes that it, so can I get it as a remote without the key as I have a key mentioned in my article.

That's correct. The immobiliser chip is in the key part, that will need programming to your car if it isn't already. The separate central locking function can be matched to your car by yourself.

There are 2 functions here. One is the central locking and the other is the immobiliser. You can program the central locking system manually but the immobiliser needs to be coded with diagnostic equipment.

To program the central locking:
Have both keys ready.
1. switch ignition ON and OFF 6 times within 10 secs. Do not remove key from ignition switch.
2. after 2 secs indicators will flash twice.
3. Programming mode activated for 2 mins.
4. press and hold unlock button.
5. press lock button 3 times.
6. release unlock button.
7. indicators will flash once to confirm correct programming.
8. repeat for spare key.
9. switch ignition ON, indicators will flash twice and programming mode is deactivated.
Then try keys to see if successful.

For the immobiliser you will need a 4 digit code (may be in the pack with manual) and a diagnostic scanner. Auto locksmiths, auto elects etc can do this.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
My thoughts as well. When my daughter got her first P12 Primera (ex police) about 5 years ago, it only came with one key. Getting a new one from a Nissan main dealer cost her over £100, with the reprogramming part being about £30...

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Not at all

THATS what i have been quoted for a new key and fob programmed to the car m8 from my local Nissam main dealer.....hence why i never bothered

Dave
I assume your local Nissan main dealer has big glass doors....they saw you coming;)