Alarm imobiliser help plz

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
As some of you know i re loomed a 2002 k11 with 1995 micra looms drawback is there is no nats to stop it been stolen, So after buying this alarm imobiliser unit I cant find my haynes manual (story of my life) so I need a few pointers if possible so here goes. Firstly in diagram ignition cut off circut it shows relay and a coil now ive circled this part where would i connect this up to to perform the task of imobiliser next is the window trigger wire this is shown as negitive in diagram could this be used instead to protect the boot or engine bay or even both. thirdly the acc wire on ignition on the unit its white what colour is the wire it connects to on the micra loom. maybe nex or some other clever electronics person could clarify these small things for me before i fit it up.....

Attachments

• PICT0045.JPG
    PICT0045.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 876
Ive found some wiring diagrams i had laying around so if im right just tell me, the ignition coil wire i need to split for the imobiliser to work is number 12 on the ecu unit I think also as regards the acc wire it might help if i tell you that its the 1ltr looms I used. Also can this be picked up from the ecu or only behind ignition barrell. As im going to mount the brain in front of or above ecu then any wires that can be picked up in this location is a huge bonus.

ken, i would think that #12 is a constant live, and maybe #1 is the signal wire that would immobilise the car ?

I aint got a clue mate going to find manual and scan pages so someone can help me out problem i have is i cant follow them, But once its pointed out i dont have a problem strange, its only the ignition coil and acc im not sure on everything else is tickity boo bloomin attachments wont upload
PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

just tried installing autodata cds but they have virus in them so thats out wanted this fitted tommorow quess i will have to wait

I was thinking would it be possible to use the imobiliser relay to cut off the fuel supply ie kill the petrol pump would this be easier than taping into ignition side of loom.

right first of all a boot or bonnet switch is designed to send a negative trigger to the alarm unit so if you have a wire the requires a negative pulse from some kind of sensor you can use that. you can also wire as many pulses in as you want, so run a boot, bonnet and door switch to the same wire. go to a scrappy and get micra door switches they would make the best switches to use on a boot or bonnet.

secondly there is many ways to immobilse a micra, you could cut power to the fuel pump, (but this is fairly common and predictable) or cut power to the fuse box or ignition barrel, even cut power to the starter motor, or ECU, all can be done very easily by finding the wire the does that job and cutting it, then putting a relay in between. i would recommend a relay across the ECU or the starter, and really hide the wiring and the relay so they practically have to take the whole dash out to get at it.

don't be afraid to take the dash out either, it can be done in a few minutes and is perfect for doing a proper wiring job, you can easily run wires to a power supply etc.

if you want i can bring up a soldering iron, heat shink, wire and solder and tape etc, and we can make an ultra secure custom immobilser, which is the best way, any pikey ####### will have real trouble working out what you have done.

as for the wires in the diagram, firstly i have given up using my haynes for wiring as it seems to be wrong alot. i know the loom better in real life, i can talk you through it if you want, just let me know ok

I think the soldering iron and heat shrink will be the best way to go and yes your right about the dash coming out easy and i dont mind at all that it could be done that way, just as long as you dont think im poaching you to do job instead of been at meet lol, good job i got the day off, what time you expecting getting here

Back