aerial question

D

drpepper970

can the aerial on a k11 be changed for something better?

I've always thought they look, well, floppy and if left extended its an open invite to some nobber to come and snap off.

I been meaning to ask that too!
Mine's had the unfortunte problem of being bent.

I'm assuming you can either use the existing wire to connect a new one or use new wire to use a new one.

Anyone done/tried anything?

dont thinkso mate,,

i have taken mine off and had a bodyshop smooth it in with my roof rack seams aswell

mmmmmmmm......... think i will take a look at the current fitting and some aftermarket aerials in halfords and the like and see if there's something i can cobble together.

ypou cxan get universal ones that fit :)
and they have the wire prewired into it all u need to do is source it through.
u can get bee sting ones and electric ones . though the electric may be a bit close for comfort

[attachment=1328]

this is the only pic i have atm that has a bit of the roof on,,
but i can get some if you really want me to

Ok i have a K10 and my aerial is rubbish...
But i have a CD Player and never use it, does the K11 aerial not lower into the car body?

[attachment=1329][attachment=1330][attachment=1331]

yeah it goes down into the body work,i never used the radio so got rid of it,but its also the earth for the stereo so i just earthed it inside the car

the bee stings are direct swap

look at my pics in 'few pics as its changed as of late' thread.

simply unscrew and screw the new one in.......

RE: RE: aerial question

tommo said:
the bee stings are direct swap

look at my pics in 'few pics as its changed as of late' thread.

simply unscrew and screw the new one in.......

On a face lift maybe, but not on the pre-facelift models.

Using an internal one on mine - across one side of the windscreen. No probs with that one!

my aerials so screwed if i hold it and twist it, it works other than that i have to stick with ****ty 105.4 grrr

not to bothered tho as my new head unit will rock

i thought the same, but the phase 2 ones have it at the back, so can you no drill the back and extend the wires though? just a suggestion.

Back