Aerial problem

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys, havent posted on here for a while now due to having placement :(

anyways, where was I? oh yeah, basically i've got myself a little super s since selling my red beast to Ben on here and when I got it, the aerial was bent and wouldn't retract. Had a look at it today and it was knackered. I removed it from the car but then realised that my cd player had stopped working... *inserts swear words*

There is no point in putting the aerial back on as the constant knocking on the roof was driving me crazy. Anywho, was wondering if anyone knows how to rewire the aerial back onto either the factory fitted aerial or an aftermarket one?

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated guys

Craig

sounds like your sterio unit was getting earth through the areal
same replacement should do you/or someone on here may have one to shot out

or on pollyp blog he re-positioned/wired a difrunt one to the central back roof area
it looks real good their

The easy way to replace one is...

1. Unscrew old aerial base.
2. Remove stereo, unplug aerial and shove plug down towards drivers footwell.
3. Locate wire in drivers footwell. Remove any cable ties and clips as far as you can, leave aerial cable lying in footwell. If you have skinny hands like me you can remove the kick panel trim (phillips screw and plastic 10mm nut) and chunk of foam behind it.
4. Working outside the car, Slide old aerial out a few inches. Dont slide the whole thing out, just enough to see where the aerial wire attaches to the aerial.
5. Cut the old aerial wire off the old aerial, cut the tape/foam that secures it to the old aerial.
6. Slide the old aerial out gently. You should now have the old aerial off the car with the old cable still running down the pillar into the car.
7. Tape the new aerial plug to the end of the old aerial lead. Masking tape attached longways works best. You want enough to secure it firmly but not so much it doesn't fit in the hole!
8. Have an assistant lower the new aerial down into the hole while you gently pull the old aerial lead thru.
9. You should now have the aerial in position, the cable routed as original and the new plug inside the car ready to plug it in! (Y)

Back