advice please

richarda

Ex. Club Member
as some of you know i did a converson from 1l to the 1.3 but im running it off the 1L ecu as the 1.3 didnt have nats 1l ecu did have nats and wouldnt start the car.

so what im asking is to get it running the proper ECU what do i need to do? do i need to get ahold of a 1.3 ecu with NATS and get the NATS re programmed or is there another way i can get the 1L ecu remapped instead?

thanks for your help

richard

i read in a post that he is still running the 1l ecu with his 1.3 engine.

would it be better to get the 1.3 ecu or doesnt it really matter as its getting remapped anyway?

Hmm, the rest i'm not sure on.

Sure someone will be able to answer your question. I believe Titch is running the 1.0l ECU.

id stick with your ecu if ur going to get it remapped because the 1l and 1.3l ecu are the same just mapped differently

I'm still runnign the cg10 ecu with the 1.3 engine. I actually think it runs better this way, but thats a big debate. Speak to Micra_pete - hes the guy to talk to about ECU differences.

As with the NATS aspect - its a ##### to sort about. Let me know what you wanna do with it and i'll talk over MSN with you as i don't want it publice on how to disable it lol!

[email protected]

Titch :kungfu:

yeah but ive no longer got the car as it was done in the summer time and i didnt do the converson so i wouldnt have a cluw where to start with the wiring loom.

if the nats is diabled will i be able to use the 1.3 ecu?

Yes.

Just get any 1.3 loom from a scrappy, shouldn't cost more than £20, is a bit of a pain to fit, but very simple, unless you have to rewire some of the plugs going through the grommet into the passenger wing like I did.

cool, how long does it take to change the wiring over? as i wouldnt do it as i wouldnt know where to start

what would be cheaper outta the two? as i would need a garage to do the wiring loom.

remap or re wire and put in the 1.3 ecu

just talk to micra pete about him re flashing your ECU with a new map.. it would be a better map than the 1.3 knowing pete :D

It will prob take the best part of an hour to get it all done, but a remap will cost in the region of £200+, but will give more power, better drive bla bla bla so it really depends on how far you want to take the car

an hour aint too bad at all, thought it would take longer than that.

i dont mind spending the money for the remap as i am going for performance side of things now as ive just brought and fitted my new manifold and got a stright through system now.

when ya do remaps does it matter what size wheels uve got? coz wanna change 2 15s at some point

use a 1.3 ecu with nats from a scrappy and also take out the nats chips from the keys, swop them into your keys and that should start your car without getting done from behind by mr nissan.

do you know if the March ECUs are the same as the micras? there is some i maybe able to get ahold of but dunno if there the same or not

You can disable nats for a primera and almera etc and that is documented on the internet - bridging pins etc... but im sure it would work for micras too..!

which 1 would be the right 1 for the 1.3 engine?

ECU UNIT NISSAN

(C13) A18-E95 T71
(B14) A18-C34 T24
(C26) A18-C38 T45K

thats the 3 listed but dunno if they come with keys or not yet. im guessing that the 1.3 is the c13

just got off the phone to the bloke about the ecu.

beent old that the key for the ecu doesnt have the chip in it but has a added bit on the ecu as the car its out of had electric windows etc.

take it that ill not be able to use this then as it doesnt have the chip in the keys

price isnt far off that or such he did have different degrees like how mcuh u wanted to tune it but i think starting price was still about £150 but best guy to ask is pete himself

The March might not have nats, or the dealers may not be able to reprohgram a Jap ECU as a word of warning though

they dont have nats so still looking for a nats ecu with keys but its becoming hard nowhere seems to have a 1.3 nats ecu and keys so looks like a remap is my best option.

what places would do remaps?

right ive finally found a 1.3 ecu with nates which comes with 2 keys and all the locks like doors and egnition etc for £25 and then 5.50 pnp which i dont think is a bad price.

thanks again for all ya help

Back