Need Handling Advice

Hey just got my first micra, its a 1998 1L 16v envy. its completely standard and need advice on what to do first. I was thinking on working on the handling issues, anybody with ideas? thanks for your time.

Alrite mate, Where in N.I Your from? Im from Carrick, Near belfast

I would work on breathing mods first as there the cheapest.. Get rid of the standard airbox and get a cool air feed and a cone filter if you can, I just got my micra yesterday, Thats what ive done so far, I dono much about handling mods

Adam

like most cars really mate

uprated lowering springs
alloys (wider wheels) w good tyres
strut braces
aftermarket steering wheel

all create a nicer feel and better handling and are affordable!

Alrite mate, Where in N.I Your from? Im from Carrick, Near belfast

I would work on breathing mods first as there the cheapest.. Get rid of the standard airbox and get a cool air feed and a cone filter if you can, I just got my micra yesterday, Thats what ive done so far, I dono much about handling mods

Adam

Yes lad im from limavady, County Londonderry, i just got my mighty micra last week, cheers for the advice. what is your car 1L or wot?

Andrew

There's a lot you can do with a Micra in terms of handling but it's a question of budget really.

Most people are quite happy with lowering springs and 15" alloys. Matt Humphris has a good range of springs in at the moment both in 35mm and 50mm lowering options. He also has some good options on suspension kits which include dampers also, which make the whole package work much better and is very good with advice on setups with respect to budget etc.

Having built a car up from completely standard to a state where almost everything is uprated I would recommend alloys, springs & dampers to start and see how you feel. If you know of anyone with a Micra which has already been tweaked, ask for a cheeky ride and see what you think.

There are lots of options but it's money, money, money ;) If you want to know more just holla, there are lots of options depending on budget, however with a 1.0 it's probably not worth going to the extremes of say how I set my car up but we're all different :)

Back