ECU Help needed please

Hello,

In the recent poor weather my car has sprung a leak and will no longer start. The car has spark and turns over and the fuel pump is pumping but still no joy. After some research i've come to the conclusion it could be a damp ECU? The car in question is a 93 lx 1.3 . I've just purchased a 1.0 NATS ECU having been told any ECU that physically looks the same will work. Just looking for confirmation this will work as there appears to be conflicting views and ideally need the car running asap :)

Thanks in advance

Hello,

In the recent poor weather my car has sprung a leak and will no longer start. The car has spark and turns over and the fuel pump is pumping but still no joy. After some research i've come to the conclusion it could be a damp ECU? The car in question is a 93 lx 1.3 . I've just purchased a 1.0 NATS ECU having been told any ECU that physically looks the same will work. Just looking for confirmation this will work as there appears to be conflicting views and ideally need the car running asap :)

Thanks in advance
no it wont work george, you need the smaller pre-nats ecu like yours

9133d412f68f8e4e2906f8074292acb0.jpg

having fitted the correct ECU the car will still no longer start :( any suggestions? got spark and turning over freely but no fuel making it to the plugs. Fuel pump is audible when ignition is on . Any help would be greatly appreciated ! thankyou

having fitted the correct ECU the car will still no longer start :( any suggestions? got spark and turning over freely but no fuel making it to the plugs. Fuel pump is audible when ignition is on . Any help would be greatly appreciated ! thankyou
fuel pump ? Fuel relays ?

Fuel pump fuse check that first, even sparks plugs workin, wouldn't show anything a bad dizzy cap can stil show up very low Sparks and won't start the car up,

if u have the right pre Nats ecu it should give fuel, sparks, but readying on post it says it was damp ? Most likey it's the dizzy gone damp inside,

got nothing at the injectors @frank . will swap the ecus over to see of that makes any difference. Having to call it a day now as i have a uni assignment in tomorrow. thanks for the help again. will report back with findings

got nothing at the injectors @frank . will swap the ecus over to see of that makes any difference. Having to call it a day now as i have a uni assignment in tomorrow. thanks for the help again. will report back with findings
The ecu signals the injectors via earth george. And the other injector wire should be constant live (ignition on)

Back