advice on timing on my turbocharged micra

CMF_ayat

» CMF Member
just wanted to know how people have adjusted their timing on their turbo'd micras, at the mo the fuelling is perfect using an additional injector controller, its got an avcr boost controller fitted but cannot up the boost as the timing is way out, has anyone got a similar set up and retarded the timing using the standard ecu. it did have a dastek unichip but has been removed by the rolling rd tuner.

CMF_ayat

» CMF Member
cool white knight, so if i up the boost to 1 bar as i want and retard the by 4degress, im assuming it wont be perfect timing but as long as the engine doesnt go bang ill be happy as the only other option is full aftermarket ecu whic is way over my budget. thanks

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hack pulls 7psi on standard internals.
If air fuel ratio okay maybe you will get away with around 9/10psi on standard internals.
After that well you are living on the edge.
7psi on Hack equals 87kw which is like double normal. I reckon thats about it.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah reckon it depends on the engine, tuning and fuelling and the fuel you are using.

My car ran 11.5psi for a long time and had no dramas.
I was expecting it to break though, its a fair bit of boost for a internally stock engine. I would only run above 12psi on a stock engine if you were not phased if it exploded and happy to get another engine.

yeah 1 bar is massive, you've almost certainly kill the engine after a while. It will certainly pull and make excellent power to begin with, but it won't last guaranteed.

CMF_ayat

» CMF Member
engine is running on stock internals but compression is reduced using a kappatsu 2mm headgasket, which they use on their turbo kits at 1bar, i know someone else running a full bar for while with the same headgasket, im sure the power wont blow the engine but am worried about the timing?

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
lol you might not blow a headgasket..(like me)

but it will be interesting to see how long it does last..

when does it reach 1bar?

does it actually spool to 1bar at say 3000rpm and hold that all the way to redline?

or just peak at 1bar AT redline..

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
My advice would be get it dyno tuned.
This way they can sort out ignition/ fuel air etc.
With lower compression maybe you can get away with less ignition retard but honestly so many variables the money spent on a dyno tune just may save you a very expensive engine re build.

CMF_ayat

» CMF Member
it has been at the dyno for the past month, but cannot get the timing quite right, the tuners were very experienced and didnt want to give the car back unless it was perfect, so far they let down the boost and given the car back with no charge, they said the only way they can tune the car perfectly would be with a standalone ecu like the omex, but is way too expensive for me at the mo,

Back