Advice needed.

Hi all.
I wonder if you can help me please, I use to be a primera owner on the npoc forums but now i need some advice from the micra drivers, car is a 03 k12 1.0 with 86k on the clock which i have just bought for my lad and the dreaded engine light has come on :( engine starts up and runs fine no stalling misfire or anything, No rattles from the cam chain etc only thing ive noticed is a slight flat spot around 3k just a very slight one when you accelerate hard but ok with normall acceleration. Car will sit at 85 ok with no nasty noises or misfires etc. Im really hoping its not a stretched chain. Also can you rest the engine light yourself or not.
Cheers for any advice, Disco (Dave)

the only way to tell is to check the chain tensioner really dave, and an ebay codereader will reset the mil light :)

Ill have to read up on how to check the tension as the only nissan motors ive worked on are the sr20's. Ill check, flea bay for a code reader.
Cheers :)

Some usefull tips on here got a few jobs done on the micra today, number plate light etc was rotten to the core managed to make one up useing the insides of a old 600 bandit indicator, Would like to try one of the quicker micra's as they seem fun to drive' May have to sell me mondy tdi and get one.:D

Sigh of releaf today as the engine light was put on by the lambda sensor, Have had it reset to see if show's up again but im pleased it was this and not the dreaded camchain.

Back