Ive got a plan, advice needed!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Ok well im poor and cant afford a full exhaust system yet... Im not after power gain really, all i want is look and a nice sound, not loud, just not stock either. Now i bought a nice exhaust tip that is actualy quite wide and clamps to the pea shooter with the usual outside bolts, now for my plan.

The Tip is a £20 ripspeed one from halfords. its about 2" wide on the bit that slides onto the original exit pipe. If i grind the little exit pipe off the silencer, then widen the hole left behind so the end of the exhaust tip fits in very snugly, then either chemical weld, or weld weld it on there, will this make it louder (its loud when rust makes a hole aint it!! ). It will look nice as all you will see is the tip.. but i dont wanna go through all this to find it still sounds stock!

Advice please!

Cheers!!

It'll still sound pretty stock, If you want a different sound that isn't too loud cut off the silencer and replace with a piece of straight through pipe. put up a pic of a backbox and I'll show you where to cut.

Yeah, the police in my area are really strict and I haven't been pulled over yet.

This is my exhaust:
22-08-07_1212.jpg

I cut the pipe as close to the backbox as was possible and clamped the cherry bomb (which is actually a straight piece of pipe) to the straight bit of pipe left behind.
For this you will need:
A piece of 38mm pipe with a slot cut in one end
A clamp
Exhaust paste
A strip of metal
An exhaust rubber
A nut and bolt

Ive seen your setup before and was gonna try it, but i dont have a spare backbox and didnt wanna take the car off the road. How much was the cherry bomb?? and did you have to weld anything?? Cheers!

i've got a £10 exhaust trim on mine....so standard exhaust, but becuase of the induction kit it roars!!!:)

ill find a video tonight of the car going along

That cherry bomb cost me 22 quid. A tail bomb will cost 45. I didn't weld it. If you get the car to me I'lll fit it for free, lol.

Ive seen your setup before and was gonna try it, but i dont have a spare backbox and didnt wanna take the car off the road. How much was the cherry bomb?? and did you have to weld anything?? Cheers!

i've got a complete spare back box rear section you can have mate, if you come get it its yours ;)

Speedle, Is that the one with the flanges to go on the super S cat?? cause rear section for mine is different from a normal K10.. if so ill come get it for sure!! will be easier to muck about with something off the car in a nice warm garage lol.

A new exhaust only costs £19 lol. So yeah if you want I can do you a step by step guide on fitting a lump of pipe to the end.

keep the back box, loose the centre cat/box and the front cat (ss model) then chop part of your (pee-shooter) tail pipe off and bolt the tip on.

superls, i would LOVE to loose the 2nd cat, but have been unable to find a link pipe. I have however got a FULL system from a standard 1.2. but the monifold downpipe is too long to fit on the SS manifold! DOH!!

My Exhaust system will be for sale when i get to my car next. It consists of a 4-1 manifold, front pipe backwards & a longlife custom stainless backbox. Wont need any of it with the SR20.... just incase your interested :)

depending on price i would be V interested!!! PM me! (when you pm let me know on here as i dunno if my PM is working, or people just dont wanna talk to me lol )

Cheers!

Back