Engine conversion 1.0 to 1.3, finished!

kristian

One Way Mule
As some of you my know, Myself and Elliot whipped out Andys old 1.0 and dropped in my 1.3, with Janspeed 4,2,1 manifold, 1.6 TB & ECU, and FSE Adj fuel pressure regulater... in addition to the standard 1.3 block and box

also his Pipercross Air filter and oil filter were fitted with his New FLAKE cam cover..

This puts his previous BHP from around 50/55, to around 95/100bhp....

He is very pleased with the results and It works 100% perfectly, Started 1st time..

This puts his car up there with the Quicker cars in the club..

dscn3633zz7.jpg

Started around 10am finished round 6pm with breaks etc... not hard to do.. pretty straight forward...

There is a lot of false info flying around about the 1.0 to 1.3 conversion etc.. about using original ECU etc.. we just used the 1.6 stuff.. as with the TB.. all fine

Type-R said:
how sure about this are you?

just a guess... 99% non turbo 1.0 and and 80% of non turbo 1.3...

Its now more performance modified than most NA 1.3's...

I RR'd this engine with these exact mods, bar the filter was different, and got JUST shy of 100bhp..

richmicratwista said:
kristian u can help me do mine in a few weeks mate

any advice needed will be given... I thought your car was already a 1.3? does your car have NATS?

wiring loom was exactly the same ... but will readers considering doing this conversion please be aware that this was a:

1.3 Super s engine and box... (non: NATS, AIR CON, POWERSTEERING)

Into a 1.0 Micra L ( non NATS, AIRCON, POWERSTEERING )..

all thats needs changing with the engine is the gear selecting arm linkage...

... You need the 1.3 one..

^if you have the same swap as we did...^

So there was no need to change ANY mounts, excellent, was weeing me off people saying you had to change things like that without any proof.

So in the end all you need is a donar 1.3 and you're set.

Good stuff

Alienfish360 said:
Nats shouldn't be an issue if you're just changing the engine though.I believe you need the gearbox mount?

If you are going from a 1.0 to a 1.3 it does.

and the gearbox mount was the same

Very nice indeed, when is it gonna be run up a strip?

I think this club needs a BIG santa pod day soon, i had a right laugh last time i went and i think some of the results should be excellent!

Back