absolutley gutted

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
The ideots at the garage that put the standard nuts into my alloys super tight, they cannot be taken out nothing works they have chewed right into the alloy
so basically if they cant get them off with the air chisel bye bye alloys,
suposed to be swapping aswell
this is a #### take!

Yer i had to take micrafish's wheel nuts off when they had used the standard nuts, it was almost impossible!

stupidly gay, its going in monday so he can have proper go at it hopefully he wont have kill the alloys as im suposed to be swapping with jowley, and i realllly want them 13s he has, i just want to go back to 13 in general aswell.
time will tell eugh dont wanna wait that long lol

yes im gonna have a look about becuase i have a feeling this is gonna cost me and i have no money what so ever atm

yer thats true they might say the standards were already on they were but i dint over tighten them so they chewed into the alloy they did that not me

Reasons like these are why I do 100% of the work myself......kicking your own arse is quite hard ;)

after the experience im after having with a garage im never taking my a car near one again, they dont care about doing damage to anybodies property as long as they get paid

It's fine to let a garage do work, but ensure wheel nuts are removed by hand and not power tools. I'd go back and get them to sort the mess out they've caused

if i say to them about its there fault wont they turn round and say well the standard nuts were already on so shutup lol,

or i can say well you should have known not to put them
especially so tightly as they were fine with standard before all the time

aw mate thats bad, i only let my car go into one garage, only 2 people work there and we know the main guy for ages through my grandad, legend!
definatly get them to fix it and dont settle, stay there until your happy, they should have used a torque wrench.
what nuts should be used for alloys then?

im a caring mechanic here the garage i wrk at looks after ever car and if we make a mistake or damage a car we get it sorted for the customer at no cost to them!

Reasons like these are why I do 100% of the work myself......kicking your own arse is quite hard ;)

Guess you never saw fight club lol

If the garage saw the incorrect nuts where on they should of used the correct ones, not your fault if they are incompetent.

thankyou chippedwood thats what i though, im gonna get them off my self bough a decent left hand thread socket that should get them out.

i hope you get it sorted mate. Where i worked we had one mess up which was an oil service the monkey forgot to put oil in it and when he realised it he drove it back into the workshop lol and the customer was waiting ...atleast it was warranty lol

nuts for alloys need to be sold with the alloys...

having sold hundreds of sets of alloys as my job for 5 years i can safely say that the wheels nuts you allready have, probebly wont be right for your wheels..

the inner nut pitch (the chamfer on the end of the nut) should fit perfectly into the holes drilled in the wheels, this is to allow two things, correct torque transfer to the wheel (through having a large contact patch) and to centre the wheels correctly on all sides.
if the nuts dont fit onto this chamfer correctly you can create pressure points on the wheels and on the nuts (especialy when they are over tightened) this can cause either your wheel nust to shatter or worst of all, your wheels to crack alond the pressure faults.

you NEED to have the correct wheel nuts for your wheels. and no the standard ones wont work!!!!

get them to change the nuts or at least remove them so you can fit some correct ones.
if they are Team dynamics / ripspeed alloys / wolfrace / tsw / MSW / OZ / BBS. halfords should keep a set of wheel nuts in stock to fit your car and wheels correctly (and will have a listing for the correct ones too) they will be £19.99 for a full set of 16 chrome nuts and 4 spiggot rings.

dont fit the standard nuts back on!!

nuts for alloys need to be sold with the alloys...

i had this problem with my team dynamic motorsport alloys...the standard nuts kept digging into the alloy whhen i tightend them up....luckley i had lightweight motegi racing jobbies, and they fitted fine :) i did everntually fit the standard wheels nuts back on with those alloys with no issues bar them scuffing the alloys around the nut holes....

team dynamics wheels are an exception, as most of the cars on the market come with nuts that fit the TD wheels..... not alot of other wheel manufacturers do this however.

While we're on the subject of nuts, when I removed my wheels from the micra at the scrappy it had sleeved nuts as opposed to 60deg taper nuts, did they come out the factory with these nuts or are they aftermarket, I can put up a pic if necessary

yer i know about the nuts, its just the fact that the garage still put them back on so tight aswell, also it can fail MOT like this as its not safe
as you said ant your 100% correct and dontworry standards are goin back on :)
so the alloys are ready for a swap im doing with jowley

when i bought my alloys, i went and bought all new wheel nuts just to be on the safe side, turns out the standard nuts wouldnt go near the alloys

Back