ABS or Not?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi Everyone,

Would you know if my 2003 tempest 1.0 K11 came with ABS ot not, as I have told you already I don't have an instruction manual and the Haynes manual only mentions ABS is not on all models?
Thank you So far for all the other information given which is most helpful. And which horns are most ideal for these cars as someone in the past replaced them & it sound weak in sound, fog horn or standard?

Peter0003

Lock up the brakes and see?:)

If it's abs there's sensors on the hubs and trigger rings around the cv joint.

I'd imagine an abs light comes on before you start the car as well... :confused:

No and if it does there will be the unit behind the battery but I highly doubt that
Abs was fitted to some autos and high spec models like the se+

No and if it does there will be the unit behind the battery but I highly doubt that
Abs was fitted to some autos and high spec models like the se+
This is what the ABS unit on a K12 looks like........
1235-310316-201229-01-PTIMG.jpg

This is what the ABS unit on a K12 looks like........
1235-310316-201229-01-PTIMG.jpg
Yes it does look like that and on the k11 its right behind the battery
And the k11 has drums but suppose some k11s came with vented front brakes but this is claimed to be fitted on very few k11 1.4
But that's just a claim and not seen much to prove it ,yet

my 1.0 dizzycap 1999 k11 has no abs, but drumbrakes.
my 1.4 coilpack 2001 k11 has abs, also drumbrakes.
sadly the rear axle rusted so bad, its going go fail on the next bump.
bought a preface rear axle with discbrakes and abs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I know this thread is very, very old, but I am trying to find out if my K11 has ABS and/or vented front brakes. I am planning to replace the disks and pads soon, and I need to make sure I order the right parts. The car is a 1.0 i 16V 40kW/ 54PS built in 6/1999.

There is nothing immediately behind the battery. Does that mean no ABS? Is that where it would be if it had ABS? The pictures above are unfortunately gone :-(
PXL_20230821_082431238.jpg PXL_20230821_082442673.jpg

I know this thread is very, very old, but I am trying to find out if my K11 has ABS and/or vented front brakes. I am planning to replace the disks and pads soon, and I need to make sure I order the right parts. The car is a 1.0 i 16V 40kW/ 54PS built in 6/1999.

There is nothing immediately behind the battery. Does that mean no ABS? Is that where it would be if it had ABS? The pictures above are unfortunately gone :-(
View attachment 87008View attachment 87009
No abs. If you had abs you would have a abs pump with a lot of brake lines on it. And you dont have that. Here is a picture somewhere: https://www.nissanboard.de/forum/index.php?thread/178804-hat-der-micra-k11-abs/

Great, exactly what I was looking for :)) Thanks Maarten.

Hm. I actually searched that forum but didn't find that thread because I didn't go all the way back to 2017.
TIL that what makes sense for computers (capping the search) is of course nonsense for a 1999 Micra!

Back