Diagnosing ABS Issues

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well as you may have read in cisco's weekend progress thread, my abs failed last night. I spent all thismorning trying to find the abs control unit in the car thanks to the haynes manual suggesting it is under the ECCS unit in RHD models and in RHD Kickpanel for LHD. Turns out its not in either places on my 95 SuperS. After much frustration i came to the forums and re-read cisco's weekend progress post as i remember something in the about where the abs computer is/was. Cisco was spot on, its inside and upwards sitting in the glovebox. So i finally got to it pulled it out and check for any led's. no led's so back in it went after a struggle. I then Googled abs micra diagnostic and found this awfully handy page > http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/tt/tt80548.htm

i've found that the AusSpec 1995 SuperS, has an abs unit that clears/looses its memory once you turn off the engine, soo you need to go for a drive and ge the light to come on in the dash and then GND to earth PIN 4 (one of the four at the far righthand end, dunno which one yet) on the righthand side of the Diagnostic/conzult plug under the fuse box and the light on the dashboard will flash in a certain sequence, i don't know the sequence for the micra though i did find this page http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...nd_primera+nissan+micra+abs+fault+codes&hl=en
i'm hoping their the same, maybe a member with a K11 workshop manual can check wheather it lists the abs fault numbers?

so now i'm all sweaty, tired and angry :p because now i can't ge the light to come on ,bahahaha i should have known, murphy's law. Yesterday was cloudy and its was raining last night, so maybe the moisture got somewhere it wasn't supposed too? so now i have a wire all ready to short out on the diagnostic plug as soon as this darned light comes on,

hope all had a better day than i did, hah

Alex

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem... A few years ago i was having a similar problem with the ABS light coming on and ABS not working ocassionally. After cleaning, WD40'ing and re-seating all the electrical connectors I haven't had a problem since. I suspect one of the electrical plugs was just getting damp and/or shaken loose from time to time. Perhaps worth giving this a go first ?.

I would be really hesitant to start shorting out the ABS unit with the consult port without some professional advice... might end up with a fried ABS control unit (very expensive to replace !).

Best of luck!.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
thanks for the info there makes, lol, was this when your dashclock intermitently whent on/off and roadworks fixed it :p

gee, i seem to be getting further and further away from boost > keep finding more things that need fixing,

Alex

Back