ABS and Brake light on

Hi all,

Last week my ABS and hand brake light came on and have been on continuously since.

I took my 2003 Nissan micra to a garage for a diagnostic check for this issue and it came back with code c10c3

The mechanics were then sat around a computer for 10 minutes unable to figure out what was wrong when they eventually came to the conclusion that I need a new ABS pump which is the most expensive problem. I asked if this was definite and they said they couldn't be 100% sure and would ask around first.

As you can imagine this doesn't fill me with confidence! Is this what its likely to be? Could there be any other issues? I know nothing about cars so literally have to trust what I'm being told.

Thanks in advance :)

Tori

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Brake fluid is actually full past the maximum level, but has always been like this as I've never topped it up so can't account for new issues

Tori

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
It's worth flushing the brake fluid through every year or 2 on the k12 as the ABS pump is susceptible to moisture. The cost from Nissan is massive but a scrappy might be worth a look? There's a guide on my website, replacing the fluid is pretty simple :).

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
It's temporarily down unfortunately, I need to move hosts :(.

Hi there. My abs and handbrake lights would go on at approx 100kph. Always. And stay on till I switched the ignition off and on. City driving under 100 kph was no problem, but the moment I went over 100, it would pop up. I went through all the tests and all the diagnostics, even went so far as buying one of those OBD reader things. I never got the same error code.
I if it wasn't one of the wheel sensors that have failed, it was the pump. One guy even suggested I change the whole computer setup. Being a cheap Bastard, I just lived with it.
Until I bought a shiny new set of tires to replace the ones I bought the thing with.
Never had the problem again.
Investigation was in order. Turns out the tire profile was not the same. When I serviced the car the front wheels went on the back and viceversa, but directional tires never went from left to right . So the computer saw the wheels rotating at a different speed, and at 100kph the difference was too much for the computer, and it decided to go out for tea.

It might be as simple as just checking that the front and rear sets are inflated correctly. Or the same profile.
I cost myself quite a bit.

I had the same problem - ABS and handbrake light permanently on, but today it has been fixed. Micra CC 1.6 2007.

After fitting 3 used ABS pumps I took it to a Nissan main dealer hoping for a more accurate diagnosis last week. They diagnosed both a wiring fault and a faulty ABS pump, and quoted a ridiculous price to replace both the pump and the complete wiring loom.

I then took it to a good auto electrician who found a broken wire inside the plug which connects to the ABS unit. Total cost £90.

I wonder how many people have wasted £1000s or scrapped their Micras because of the same fault.

hi i have Nissan micra 1.5 is not accelerating , handbrake light on C10C3, when I pres brake pedal it idle normal , when I leave it idle high , i have changes all sensor , engine K9K, please help

frank

Club Member
hi i have Nissan micra 1.5 is not accelerating , handbrake light on C10C3, when I pres brake pedal it idle normal , when I leave it idle high , i have changes all sensor , engine K9K, please help
are the rear lights working ok ?