A little smokey

Noticed over time the grasser has got a wee smokey, wasnt like this at the start of the season and has got worse over time, just wondering if rings could be on the way out

Pic is of car after being revved up a couple of times (then ran to the back choking to get pic)

Any thoughts

my original 1.0 engine did,nt smoke till i did the rev limiter delete glen, i ragged it round the block at about 8k and then it started smoking bad !
it turned out that the oil control rings had gummed/clogged into their grooves over the years, and the high rpm had squashed them even tighter into the grooves (so they were,nt scraping the bores any more)
i free,d the rings off and fitted the pistons into a 1.3, and that ran fine :)

Rev limiter delete=tape on hole? Not had this on if so, probably just the ragging part :)...A lot of the Micras seem smokey at the mo, was hoping mine was just following suit :). Head need rebuilding Frank?

Car behind is my winter/summer/winter/summer project......

i doubt if its anything to do with the head mate, and i had a few mini,s in my youth :)
the air ambulance crew left their rally mini in our workshop from sunday,s charity event, so i took it for a spin while moving it out the way :D
did,nt like it at all tbh !

Lost now lol thought the parts you were saying were in the head, some kind of ports? Yeah always wanted a mini project so thought why not! Iv started on it but the wiring is a mess theres alot missing so dont know what im looking at:mad: will get there im sure:eek:

grrr seriously not good then, any suggestions bud? just been reading on cisco about oil change can have this effect also. Was running some good stuff (redline) then re-did oil just as this was starting to smoke about a few meets back with some ****e any possibility it could be this? dont wanna shell 50notes out on redline to find out its not

Yeah might give that a go and see how it goes till end of season then think of a transplant maybe dont really want to but hey well!

Cheers again bud for you help always much appreciated

Oh and if you wanna roll back your youth gis a shout got a mini to rebuild here ;)

Noticed over time the grasser has got a wee smokey, wasnt like this at the start of the season and has got worse over time, just wondering if rings could be on the way out

Pic is of car after being revved up a couple of times (then ran to the back choking to get pic)

Any thoughts
That's a definite MOT failure.

Back