A little help

I have a 1993 1.0LX Micra and it is my pride and joy.

The only problem that I have with it at the minute is the bodywork is gonna start and let me down at M.O.T's, with the engine still running perfect and the only things that have changed is the filters, batteries and sparks and the only fix is the throttle body.

When I first got it the owner before had done a bad job fixing the arches, crap welding and now the paint work is coming off, and with it being 20yrs old the floor is starting to rust a bit.

Does anyone know of someone in the North East, more Newcastle and Sunderland way that would be able to at least try and fix or stop the rust for a couple of years, and fix the bad job that was done before I got it.

Don't really what to get rid of it, I've had it 5 years and it only has 58,000 on the clock, don't see the point in buying a new one just yet.

IMAG0846[1].jpg IMAG0847[1].jpg IMAG0850[1].jpg IMAG0851[1].jpg IMAG0852[1].jpg

Doesn't look all that bad :)
Well from the pictures. You'll find it more rewarding to do it yourself. Not to mention cheaper than paying someone to do it.
If ever there was an excuse to begin tool buying that's it

Would love to do it myself, I've done a few things on it myself with a bit of help from the boyfriend, but we both a little stuck for time at the minute, but I wouldn't know where to start or what to do

Well, you need a decent Mig welder, grinder, some steel plate to match the weight of the car's own panels and lots of practice on scrap pieces first. Sounds easy, and in principle it is. I learned how to weld by doing sills on a Manta I had many years ago. Now I'm OK at it and launch into projects without worrying too much. There's plenty of help online, including the excellent http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/

Think I might give it a go, but might have to have a bit of help since I'm a bit useless at tools, I'm a girl that just knows the basics, but it's normally enough to get I need done. Thanks for the advice guys and for the website Wagoneer, I will tell you how I get on :)

I have a 1993 1.0LX Micra and it is my pride and joy.

The only problem that I have with it at the minute is the bodywork is gonna start and let me down at M.O.T's, with the engine still running perfect and the only things that have changed is the filters, batteries and sparks and the only fix is the throttle body.

When I first got it the owner before had done a bad job fixing the arches, crap welding and now the paint work is coming off, and with it being 20yrs old the floor is starting to rust a bit.

Does anyone know of someone in the North East, more Newcastle and Sunderland way that would be able to at least try and fix or stop the rust for a couple of years, and fix the bad job that was done before I got it.

Don't really what to get rid of it, I've had it 5 years and it only has 58,000 on the clock, don't see the point in buying a new one just yet.

View attachment 23401 View attachment 23402 View attachment 23403 View attachment 23404 View attachment 23405

nice to see another form the north east :) and from your pics the fronts may be easier to try and find some non rusted wings? but the rears look like they may need a little more im going to see a man about having my sills done on monday or tuesday i can see how it goes and let you know if you like?

No problem Spade. Every little helps. To inspire you, my ten year old daughter is currently up to her elbows stripping a mountain bike for a rebuild. She's not quite up to welding, but it won't be long!

No problem Spade. Every little helps. To inspire you, my ten year old daughter is currently up to her elbows stripping a mountain bike for a rebuild. She's not quite up to welding, but it won't be long!
I love stories like that. My little man (20months old) helps me put wheels on. I hold he putsthe nuts. Took him all day but he changed an indicator bulb.
Basically it doesn't matter how old you are your never too old to start learning :)

nice to see another form the north east :) and from your pics the fronts may be easier to try and find some non rusted wings? but the rears look like they may need a little more im going to see a man about having my sills done on monday or tuesday i can see how it goes and let you know if you like?

Yeah that would be great, nice to have a back up plan if it needs more work then I can manage.

You'll have your daughter up to her elbows in car parts before long Wagoneer, hope her bike rebuild goes great :)

I used to have my little brother help with certain parts of the car, he's 18 now and just wants to learn to drive it :)

Back