HG update

CMF_Glenj

» CMF Member
Update

Started up first time today, idled well and revved ok (didnt take it to high) warmed up to temp (can only tell by feeling pipes) sounded ok too.

Only thing bothered me was the residue in behind oil filler cap (could just be moisture?)

Oil got a little milky on dip stick- but thinking about it this could be a little of the old oil left over from the oil change (had the car on a angle)

Wouldnt say it was smokey either, will run in again later or tomorrow another oil change and would a engine flush see some benefit

Any thoughts?

CMF_Glenj

» CMF Member
Ok started up again today, hope there is no leak cos engine sounded good and feels responsive on the accelerator when taking up the revs..

Dont look like its losing water, wouldnt say its smoking either, just hoping it is condensation or some of the old oil has contaminated the new oil making it look like what i call milky

If it is worse case senerio would it be head bolts not tight enough maybe?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Glenj WROTE:

If it is worse case senerio would it be head bolts not tight enough maybe?

i always pull my headbolts down to about 80 to 100 lb/ft then let the gasket compress overnight glen, then i undo them 1 full turn and re-tighten again (1 at a time) they usually go another 30 deg when you do that

Back