A Little Help??___(CLUTCH PROBLEMS)

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Hey all,

Was out yesterday driving and when i was nearly home, the clutch was feeling weird. It feels as if it has tightened/rubbing on something. It had a new clutch fitted not long ago, beginning of august!

Im no mechanic and im new to the world of cars so im stumped at this.

Any help would be greatful!!

Does it get really tight and then suddenly 'jump' to the bottom. My mate had this problem with his car and it was the cable that needed greasing and tightening.

Not a sudden thing. Its like a rubbing kind of thing. Hard to explain. But i put it half way, all is fine and smooth. Then it feels tighter, as if its pulling back on me, kinda thing!
I suspect the cable but dad seems to think ive worn the clutch out already. So im just unsure atm. But car was pretty hot last night from driving. So will go see what its like in a moment.

Yeah thats what I mean, it feels like a brake pedal, lol. This happened to my mate after he had a clutch change.

in a way, yeah! ill have a look today.

how would you grease it? isnt it in a casing?

thanks for your help btw:grinning:

ah right....yeah ive been looking at it this morning!! its in a casing and theres 2 bg bits at either end so you cant take it off.

Yeah ill be getting a new one first thing tomorrow, well if it in stock. If not ill order one.

Cheers for the help guys!

It might just be loose. After my clutch was changed, the cable wasn't done up properley and managed to loosen itself so much, i couldnt engage 1,2 or R.

Well most places were closed today but i did pop into halfords and they charging around £18 for one. But i maybe able to get it cheaper through brother (if he buys it as he works there)
The cable definately needs replacing soon though. It is lacking lubricant, as olly said above! I had a closer look yesterday with a mate inside the car pressing the pedal. And you can hear it....dont sound good at all!!

mine was doin this, i took my cable off and lubed it (put some grease in one end and work the cable back and forth and keep loading it in the top) (if that makes any sense). but mine was the actual lever, it was making a kinda griding noise, try leaving the lever and see if it is that that is getting stuck. i put grease and oil where the lever goes into the gearbox and the kept using the car, then one day i realised that it wasnt sticking anymore:)
^^its a bit of a rant but i'm really tired. hope you can make some sense out of it.
Noddie

yes makes perfect sense to me!! seriously!! and it sounds like whats happening to mine!! Wel ive bought a new cable off ebay (£9.10) so will fit that when it comes, and ill grease up that lever aswell just incase!!

Cheers noddie:grinning:

Back