K10 Clutch...

propus

Ex. Club Member
Yo! Ain't been on here fer ages, but it's that time of the year when the wee Micra needs a new MOT. She needs both front shockers replaced and thats it for the MOT, but the clutch has been slipping for a few months.

Now I've been quoted £260 fitted for the clutch - if they run into no problems. The Micra doesn't get used much, but I need it working properly so I'm looking at getting a hommer done. Am I right that all I need is one of those clutch kits for about £30 quid off ebay or the likes and a helpful mechanic to fit it?

I left her sitting for 3-4weeks without starting whilst I was away and first time I started her was to take her for her MOT today. Fired up on first crank and didn't splutter and threated to stall. Front brakes had stuck a bit due to corrosion, but not enough to fail MOT so I'm thinking a long run and a few hardish braking runs will sort them out.

Cheers in advance for the input guys, I know I'm pretty much never here, but when I ask anything I always get good helpful replies.

PS. I'm still keeping the Micra for the NOS project, just waiting for some free time and cash :)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Yep, or a nissan clutch, not sure how much they are these days, but i found that the clutches off ebay are fine, then a machanic to fit it, unless you have some experience as its not that hard to do!