Second Facelift K11's clutch and gearbox problems. Please help! :(

My mum bought this micra about 7 years ago so it was 25,000 miles. Right now, its 107,000 miles and can't move this car!

My mum managed to use this factory clutch from the first day bought until summer 2012. It was very difficult to change these gears cos of very stiff. This clutch was almost gone. I took it to my local mechanic so they tried to fix about 6 times so they con to my mum. I think they put wrong new clutch and put new clutch cables 5 times. My mum paid these bills so i got angry with them. My mum went to mr clutch auto centre so they fixed new clutch, clutch cable and bearing. They gave us two years free warranty so it expires now. It was so perfect to drive.

Today, my mum was at her work place so she called me that her car got problems with clutch and gearbox. I came down to see her car so it was so awful to drive her car. It was crunching noises to change these gears and also very hard to shift these gears from 1 to 3. I told her to not drive anymore otherwise you will damage more. I went back to home to get tow belt then came back to see her car again. She tried to move her car so i pushed her car on side of the road. I saw some small leaking on the floor which is coming from this gearbox area. i tow her car to our house so it was bad leaking again.

6ytu9yna.jpg
umabyty2.jpg
agu9e3y5.jpg
e4yqybe7.jpg
zy5u3aby.jpg

People said that you can use new clutch for more than 2 years right. I will upload pictures of this clutch biting point tomorrow. I don't know how this leaking coming from. I haven't view this gearbox yet so its dark outside. I will have a look more tomorrow. What do you think guys? Is it time to buy a good used gearbox, new clutch kit and also new clutch cable?

Regards
JK
(sorry about my grammars so i am still improving my grammars.)

Last edited:
I think this clutch cable is slack and it smells like gear oil 100% sure. I will take pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a leak from tbe drive shafts!! Is so then the gearbox lacks the lubricant and tbe gearbox gets destroyed, it happened to me and my gearbox started to whine and gear crunched and finally i had tonchange my gearbox!!

J

definetly make sure if its coming from a running car you can hear the box otherwise its a gamble but you should be alright!! i was lucky cos the gearbox i ended up with was painted matt black meaning that it had a total rebuld and gearbox was only like 10.000 miles old from rebuilt, and in the car glove compartment had all documents and in there i found the reciept but the guy who was breaking the car up didnt know that as he bought it from someone so sneakily i took the reciept aswell....£600 rebuilt lol, only payed £80 for the gearbox... result...

J

Back