Few Questions

Hey i bought a black k11 Micra Super S the other day and needs a few things doing to it.

First things first i need to change the clutch or adjust it? because it slips when you put too much power through, is this a quite simple job?

Also i have seen a few nice induction kits on here what are the parts in need to get the bend for the throttlebody and the stainless tubing?

When putting my foot on the brake pedal it vibrates and doesnt work that very well although the disks look fine?

The clock on the dash doesnt work either anyone know why?

The backbox is quite rusty especially on the tip anyone reccommend a good cheap (cat-back) system? (dont want loud, just good for performance)

I hear the engines are timed using a chain does this mean i can tune the engine to go faster manually?

Im based in Kent.

Sorry for all the questions,
Ash

Hey i bought a black k11 Micra Super S the other day and needs a few things doing to it.

First things first i need to change the clutch or adjust it? because it slips when you put too much power through, is this a quite simple job?

Also i have seen a few nice induction kits on here what are the parts in need to get the bend for the throttlebody and the stainless tubing?

When putting my foot on the brake pedal it vibrates and doesnt work that very well although the disks look fine?

The clock on the dash doesnt work either anyone know why?

The backbox is quite rusty especially on the tip anyone reccommend a good cheap (cat-back) system? (dont want loud, just good for performance)

I hear the engines are timed using a chain does this mean i can tune the engine to go faster manually?

Im based in Kent.

Sorry for all the questions,
Ash

if your bitepoint is about 1/2 way up the pedal, then it sounds like a worn out friction plate
and i would get someone to hold the brake on slightly while you spin the wheels for tightspots (usually a disc problem, but could be an oval drum)
and the distibutor is adjustable (without touching the chains) :)

The blank clock display could be (or become) a common fault, I fixed mine in a few minutes and will post a guide on how to get it working as soon as I have time :)

(it's down to a leaky capacitor which rots through a supply rail on the clock's circuit board)

BG

As for the disk problem do you think the disks could of warped causing the wheels to wobble (which the car does at certain speed) and also make the brake pedal vibrate? The brakes don’t feel too solid like their very spongy yet the disks look ok?

Has anyone ever changed a clutch, is it a job that I could do?

You say the distributor is adjustable, how do I adjust it and what are the effects of adjusting it?

BG101 – Thanks a lot I wasn’t hoping to take out the dials and mess with them was hoping it was something to do with a fuse or something but please keep me updated on your tutorial, I Need the time in the car 

clutch is'nt a small job, you could have a go at it aslong as you've got a full weekend! im fairly sure theres a guide on what procedures to take on this site. Bear in mind you'll need a clutch alignment tool though (ebay £10). Your best bet would be to get it done at your local garage, I got mine changed and bought for £100. One rule though NEVER go to a big name garage (kwik fit, Hq ect.) you'll get quoted for about £300!!!

Hope this helps.

Back