Janspeed Manifold.?? a few Q'S

JJ 1.0l

Ex. Club Member
i have purchased a janspeed manfold and i was wondering would it be ok to connect it to my standard system as i can't afford the other bit yet for a while and would like a little more power now lol, would it cause n e problems?. i have tried also to undo the bolts from the manifold to the cat but they are not gunna be moved lol so i was wondering if n e one new the size of the bolts lenght width etc etc.

cheers for n e replys i get.:D

by "standard system", i think you mean the rest of your exhaust system from the "Cat - Back"....???

if thats what you mean then yes i didnt have a problem!!!

my apologies but i also didnt under stand:

"i have tried also to undo the bolts from the manifold to the cat but they are not gunna be moved lol"

you having trouble removing the bolts so you where wondering what sizes you needed inase you snap some off??

cheers

yer sorry wasn't very clear, they will definatly have to be replaced so was wondering what size and stuff, the bolts connecting the manifold to the cat think there is only 2.

yer sorry wasn't very clear, they will definatly have to be replaced so was wondering what size and stuff, the bolts connecting the manifold to the cat think there is only 2.

yep they are only two bolts :laugh:

i think i have a spare in my car (dont ask lol) but i will measure it out for you if i do have one!!!

i think...but dont quote me yet and i dont know why im giving this info when tomorrow ill have right answer (hopefully) but i think its about 2" long.....give or take!!!

anyway...wait till tomorrow either way lol

naps

i'd advise a torque wrench or breaker bar for the cat bolts. Just something to increase your leverage. I changed a cat on a mondeo over the weekend. The torque wrench just about gave me enough leverage as it had a massive long handle! If not angle grind the nuts/bolts off and replace them with new STAINLESS STEEL ones. Think you'll need either 8 or 10mm bolts about 1.5" - 2"long. Can't remember off the top of my head. I've got a CAT in the garage I could check tomoz if u still need info.!

no problem!! i will try and help

yeah "ollie" if you could get some info too please!!!
see what we get!!!

naps

The bolts on the cat are a right paion to take off as the exhaust flexes and takes up most of the strain that you put on them, I had to wedge a jack between the bend roud the fuel tank and the bottom of the car and then undo with a breaker bar.
Also, the nuts are 15mm.
Craig

Back