dummy questions about replacing exhaust manifold

if you want to replace the exhaust manifold, for example with a janspeed one, what do you have to do?

1) do you need a new gasket?
2) the new manifold has the hole for the lambda sensor? and this sensor will work well or the new "reading" are wrong? or the sensor must be removed?
3) do you have to remove the first cat and replacing it with something else?
4) do you need to remap the ecu or not?
5) do you need to act on the air intake system?

thanks in advance for your help

The janspeed manifold will work with your existing lambda sensor. And also replaces the 1st cat

Yes I recommend new gaskets and also a bigger induction kit.(I have a set of gaskets which I can sell :p)

Don't need to remap or ecu blah blah.

You need to remove alternator and its mounting bracket and drop the anti roll bar to swing the manifold in.

if you want to replace the exhaust manifold, for example with a janspeed one, what do you have to do?

1) do you need a new gasket? shouldn't do if yours is still in good condition
2) the new manifold has the hole for the lambda sensor? and this sensor will work well or the new "reading" are wrong? or the sensor must be removed? swap the lambda from your stock mani (it'll be read as normal)
3) do you have to remove the first cat and replacing it with something else? the janspeed replaces the stock mani and first cat up to the second cat
4) do you need to remap the ecu or not? you don't have to but you'll see better gains if you did
5) do you need to act on the air intake system? depends on what you're running at the moment

thanks in advance for your help

beaten by Jay

If you changed the inlet side it would improve the efficiency of the engine however it is not a must just advisable.... once again the ecu, you will see more gains from the exhaust if you map the ecu to suit however this isnt a must either and hardly anybody does as it costs a fair bit :)

Back