'99 Micra ECU reprogramming

baguete

Site Supporter
Hi, i own a '99 Micra and i was looking for reprogramming its ECU.

Older K11 ECU's have this connector type:

13062009073.jpg

And inside:

IM000541.jpg

It has a 20pin + 20pin connector to solder the daughterboard.
Older K11 ECU could use Calumsult board, i think its the same as B13:

B13board.jpg

So, the daughterboard used on older K11 ECU doesnt work on my ECU because
my ECU has the same external connector but inside its different (30pin + 20pin):

Img080.jpg

Its very similar to what N15/S14a NIStune Type4 Board uses:

NIStuneType4.jpg

30_20.jpg

Can anyone confirm that NIStune Type4 Board will work on my ECU?

Thanks

Its not been tried so I cannot say for sure I'm afraid.

Its not been tried so I cannot say for sure I'm afraid.

Its there any possibility for you to test it?

Can you enlight me about Facelifts ECU's reprogramming? In Portugal no one does that, so it must be a DIY...

Thanks

Should be the same as a normal ecu if it works. I plan to try out soon

Thanks for the offer... I would need all the nats components etc to be able to try. I have a whole K11 sitting at the workshop I use for playing on so I shall use that... :)

Me (Facelift Micra) and some friends with Pre-Facelifts were talking about their ECU and the daughterboards that fits their ECU's.

Does the following schematic works on Pre-Facelifts ECU's?

B13board-1.jpg

According to what i read on Calumsult blog on SR20Forum this should work, can you confirm Ed?

Thanks

I have the transponder ring as well some where in my cuboard and i think i have the chip from the key also but to its whereabouts is a mystery

Unless its re-programmed which is not possible outside of the nissan dealerships at the moment as far as I am aware.

So, if i want to use another ECU (to experiment NIStune) i have to use the the transponder ring and the chip of the other car in order to use its ECU?

So, if i want to use another ECU (to experiment NIStune) i have to use the the transponder ring and the chip of the other car in order to use its ECU?

i would have thought that the rings are all the same, but the chip (in the key) is matched to the ecu :)

Ok, NIStune told me that the board its compatible with Facelift ECU, but they have
to alter the structure of the software inside the board, so, shortly it will work... (Y)

I snapped a ring on a NATS micra and fitted another from a different car and it wouldn't start, the rings need to be coded to the ECU.

i stand corrected then :eek: (i assumed it was just an arial/receiver, and if the ecu was receiving the correct code from the keychip, chocks away :grinning:)

Ok, thanks to everyone.

Now the good news, NIStune prepared a board to work with my Facelift ECU, they will send it shortly. When i test it, i will post if it works or not...

My ECU has an inside connector with 30pin + 20pin, similar to S14a ECU, and my car dont have coilpacks, has distributor.
That why NIStune Type4 board its compatible with Facelifts, because has the same connector inside the ECU...

that board there is not a late UK ecu, that is an early UK ecu.

You can get the board that will work for that at grid.co.jp it is labelled as "ROM Board K11 First half" on grid.

oh, and s15 board will work with late UK ecus

you know what, mis-read the post!

S14a / S15 should work, just to be clear.

disclaimer - the boards I used DO work, i'm not sure about matts.

^^ could someone please delete that jibberish I put.
I'll re-post

You can get the board that will work for that at grid.co.jp it is labelled as "ROM Board K11 First half" on grid.

oh, and s15 board will work with late UK ecus

you know what, mis-read the post!

S14a / S15 should work, just to be clear.

disclaimer - the boards I used DO work, i'm not sure about matts.

Hi Pete, glad to see your reply :grinning:

What kind of S14a/S15 board do you use for later ECU?
Im just waiting for an S14a ECU box to fit NIStune board, didnt tested NIStune yet...

Is there any early board other than Grid that would work on early ECU?

Pete, please add me on MSN.

Thanks

Back