K11 ECU maps - For Ed

baguete

Site Supporter
Hi, yesterday i was doing some work on my ECU with NIStune and saw something strange, the Fuel Load Scale goes to 128 (stock map) but it only uses 64 as max, and at high rpm only goes to 56. It has the rest of the map but its not used, is there any reason for this? Today i will re-scale the maps and try again.

Thanks in advance

Your engine is only a 1.0, Have you changed airflow meters or any of the intake pipework?

Your engine is only a 1.0, Have you changed airflow meters or any of the intake pipework?

Yes, im using 1.6 TB and custom intake. I will put the stock TB and try again tomorow.

But even with 1.0, the map should be adapted to that engine, right? Or is it because of different TB and air filter?

Thanks

thats the reason why then. Because of the TB.

Ok, i will put the stock TB and try again.

Yesterday i was mapping the ECU and at lower rpm its always rich, mid rpm at 14-13,5 AFR and full load at 12,5 AFR. At idle the MAF gives 1,45volts, higher then 1,05volts given by stock TB, so the 1.6 TB is giving bad reading to the ECU. And the Autotune feature was completly useless, couldnt get it right at low rpm.

What do you think about boring the stock TB to 50mm? I was checking it and its possible to do, just dont know if it will work correctly.

Thanks

UPDATE

Got the stock TB back in, but still the same thing, at full load it reaches a TP of 64 at low rpms and only 48 at high rpm...

K value at 248 (14,7 AFR at low load), Injector Latency at 600uS (1.6 injectors), 12,6 AFR at full load/high rpm.

What do you recommend? Need to rescale the load maps, right?

But why on the stock map it doesnt reach more TP?

PS: already rised the TP limits

just rescale it, and don't worry about it,. I don't have a K11 here to take a comparison on when I do I'll update this with stock readings.

Will do that tomorow.

The only thing that is really strange is the cell accesed at full load and high rpm, still on lambda sensor feedback... :S

But this is only on 1.0 maps, 1.3 map has the last line without any O2 feedback.

Will do that tomorow.

The only thing that is really strange is the cell accesed at full load and high rpm, still on lambda sensor feedback... :S

But this is only on 1.0 maps, 1.3 map has the last line without any O2 feedback.

does that mean that the 1.0 ecu is always in closed loop then baguete ?

Both ECUS are K11 1.0 and 1.3 The entire map is closed loop (under all conditions when stock). I said that on here a long time ago. That's another reason why they mess up so much when people do modifications. The K11s don't ever get into the last column on the maps.

does that mean that the 1.0 ecu is always in closed loop then baguete ?

Yeah, no chance of open loop as Ed said...

Thanks Ed, my questions are answered, but still cant believe that Nissan did the ECU maps like that...

Do you have any pic/document showing the ideal AFR's for each cell of the map? Just a general AFR map to give me an idea of it.

Do you use the AFR Autoadjust option on NIStune? Tryed to use it yesterday, but messed up the fuel map.

cheers gents, i,m just confused as to why any mods (within reason) are,nt simply over-ridden by the closed loop system then :confused:

Well that's the whole game, mapping the k11 ecu successfully requires a fair bit of fiddling, mine is on grid daughterboards though and not nistune boards, as my car was mapped years back by Ed. Mine runs closed loop for a lot of the map but after a certain load threshold or rpm it will run in open loop and sits around 12.8:1 afr for peak power. I can't give details as Ed was mapping the car but once setup the car was and is a completely different animal to drive. I'm amazed at so many people without remapped ecus, the stock ecu quickly gets out of it's depth with bolt on mods.......it's barely able to maintain stoich, usually 15.5:1 is about right for a cg13 with exhaust and filter from 3000-5000rpm.

A friend sent me this map, what do you think?

newmap.jpg

UPDATE

Used stock Fuel Map and changed some things:

Rescaled the Fuel Load Scale and VE Load Scale from 4 to 64, and leaved Ignition Load Scale stock.

K value at 260, Inj. Latency at 600uS, Rev Limit at 8.000rpm and Speed Limiter at the maximum (510kmh).

Raised Max TP to 64 above 4.000rpm and raised TP Load Limit to 255 above 4.000rpm.

12,9 AFR at full load from 5.000rpm till 8.000rpm, 14,7 at low load and 13,8 at midrange. 59% of Duty Cycle

Got to take it to a dyno to check if there is any HP/NM changes...

I can't give details as Ed was mapping the car but once setup the car was and is a completely different animal to drive. I'm amazed at so many people without remapped ecus, the stock ecu quickly gets out of it's depth with bolt on mods.......it's barely able to maintain stoich

Was this on a turbo set up or with just n/a mods?
If n/a can u tell me what etc

I gather manifold,no cats, decent cai,maybe a lightweight fly wheel and a decent service. Would things like a 1.6tb and injectors then a re map benefit rather than a re map on stock parts?
Ed or lowrider, please could you answer this. Cheers

Back