2001 K11 1Ltr very slow pick up after de-accelleration?

My 2001 k11 had orange engine light on. got it diognosed as topfront lambda sensor. I replaced this with an original bosch part/not aftermarket cheapo. Garage re-set the engine management system light, and way hay it stayed off for a while, but came back on after aprrox 50 miles driving. garage re-set engine light again and same thing happens, light comes back on. the car will accellorate well but if you release accellorater pedel for a moment then hit the gas again its seems very flat and unresponsive for a few seconds before continuing to accellorate? Any ideas greatly appreiciative. Have checked MAF sensor all looks good and no other faults shown on engine managment!!! TIA in advance

You need to read the fault code really before we can help fully.
there is no fault code showing. Originally the fault code was for the lambda sensor which was changed. This went out but comes back on with same code. The eml is currently off but the symptoms I have are as explained above.

will try that today. What should or would I expect to happen when I do this?
As Frank says, the MAF can cause many problems, without actually throwing up a fault code. My Almera did this many years ago and had similar symptoms to yours. If disconnecting indicates a duff MAF, then it may just need cleaning, not replacing. Take a look here for more info:
http://www.mafcleaning.co.uk
www.mafcleaning.co.uk

As Frank says, the MAF can cause many problems, without actually throwing up a fault code. My Almera did this many years ago and had similar symptoms to yours. If disconnecting indicates a duff MAF, then it may just need cleaning, not replacing. Take a look here for more info:
www.mafcleaning.co.uk
thanks for your responses. Disconnected maf today and Micra drove like new. A new maf on order as was relatively cheap(£10/$15). Thanks again

Back