Idle issues/drop in power

CMF_Liam g

» CMF Member
I have recently bought a 1993 micra which i bought for a daily runabout,I have an issue with the running.when engine is cold it doesn't accelarate well,cutting out nearly when driving like the throttle is opening /shutting intermittently,this problem goes away when hot but after a journey the car struggles to idle enough when still and then cuts out all together.I have been told the AFM can cause issues so have got myself a replacement throttle body which has a load of sensors on it inc afm sensor but is this the right route to go down?

CMF_Liam g

» CMF Member
I will,fingers crossed.the fuel gauge don't work either so got a fuel sender from ebay :D,was horrified to see a wiring bodge job on top of the lid of the fuel tank when goin to fit it,connections to the fuel pump were broken and clear silicon everywhere!.tidied up for now but must of been someone previously investigating the same problem but pump ok.never thought id ever be driving a micra but love the simplicity of it and the fact its easy to work on.its done 145k miles and still flies for a 1.0 :D.this forum has been a great help so far :D

Back