1986 MA10 Autochoke...

Hey guys,

My autochoke seems to be refusing to work from cold for some reason... The car will start fine, but just wont rev until it warms up... Any ideas on what to look for first? I'm reluctant to convert to a manual choke as that'd upset the originality of the car...

Thanks

Stu.

First, just check the wiring is all fine (the plug on the left of the airbox) then check the link arms, spray plenty of wd40 on them and make sure they can move. If the problem persists you may have a dead fuse or the choke will need adjusting.

Yeah that's why i said check the wiring, the contacts tend to corrode and sometimes even break. The fuses are grouped together so they each supply power to more than just what is labelled. Like the interior light and the horn share the same fuse, but only horn is printed on it's label. So it's best to check all of them. Also check that the starter relay (next to the washer bottle) is not damaged or corroded.

Well, after the flooding that my area received recently, the Autochoke has started working again! Must be some sorta electrical fault, so for now, I'll keep poking!

Back