Problem with the Twin-Carbs

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hey guys need some input from those who know about these sort of things

basically the carbs are acting a bit odd lately today when i was driving to work all seemed fine choke was out slighty and i noticed the car flat spotteing a tad as i slowed down i noticed the car was revving like i had my foot flat on the throttle, ive already replaced the throttle cable and that seems fine infact the pendal still works fully so i dont think its the throttle at fault as it moves and returns as it should. the choke cable seems fine and i oiled both the throttle and choke pulls at the weekend so i know they are free moving and working correctly.

so im stuck for ideas now, im thinking maybe the chokes are getting jammed? any input would be appreciated as im not really that up with it when it comes to twin carbs.

there 36 DCNF's ;)

chokes cannot jam they dont move,,,sounds like you have an air leak this would make the engine rev up on its own or have high idal...replace inlet to head gasket and carbs to inlet manifold some gasket...

hey guys need some input from those who know about these sort of things

basically the carbs are acting a bit odd lately today when i was driving to work all seemed fine choke was out slighty and i noticed the car flat spotteing a tad as i slowed down i noticed the car was revving like i had my foot flat on the throttle, ive already replaced the throttle cable and that seems fine infact the pendal still works fully so i dont think its the throttle at fault as it moves and returns as it should. the choke cable seems fine and i oiled both the throttle and choke pulls at the weekend so i know they are free moving and working correctly.

so im stuck for ideas now, im thinking maybe the chokes are getting jammed? any input would be appreciated as im not really that up with it when it comes to twin carbs.

there 36 DCNF's ;)

ok bob thanks for the quick response, the inlet to head gasket is brand new but the carb to inlet gaskets looks a complete mess so ill order some today :)

cheers puts my mind at rest a bit now

timing might be out?? i had a revving issue with flat spots when i booted it and fordy did my timing for me and its been going great ever since... no idea what he did better ask him... also check vacume hoses!!!

its a air leak like bob said tbh i'd listen to bob on this one as he set these up orginally so he knows these carbs already

ordered new gaskets yesterday so she'll be sorted this weekend, TBH 99% of the time it runs fine but then goes crazy and the last thing i need is the engine blowing on me! :p

gaskets now replaced, car starts better, ticks over on the choke stabaly doesnt need loads off choke to keep her going and running when cold now.
nice and smooth makes it much better to drive happy days!

thanks for the advice bob much appreciated :)

Back