100 miles to a tenner!!

Hi all, driving her very gingerley i managed to get 100 miles to a tenner (129.9 pl) 5th gear at 20mph helps very much ! what do you guys get?:grinning:

whent down to staffordshire last week filled it up £38 ( had abit still left in )a steady 65-70 driving.. put £20 in at a garage in rugeley then drove home, that lasted me nearly the rest of the week till light came on at 436 miles...

Ok, for the guys getting less mileage .. what i did was took a can of Carburettor cleaner and sprayed it in the MAF venturi on the sensors cleaning the dirt, and spray whilst the engine runs, it will try to cut out but keep hands on throttle to rev it as it dies, .... when using carb cleaner fit the long spout tube that comes with it as this way you direct it where you want!! I did this and noticed a big difference.. i.e. quicker throttle response and a faster car which means it will burn petrol and air nicely, idle is noticely better, it may idle faster but need to turn down... I have a full janspeed 4 branch system including a janspeed de-cat all the way back including an almera 1.6 airbox with K&N filter e.t.c on a 1.3 so you can imagine the amount of petrol will shoot thru the engine but driving sensibly you do notice ecnomical sides of the micra..... eventualy im gonna change my MAF for a new one to see if anything better comes out regarding the mileage to gallon... also as petrol is expensive you will getless for the money so you dont see much in the tank and before you know it your in the station again, not forgetting how much the petrol is watered down enough that it will run the car sufficiently with all the #### additives they put in it which isnt needed..

j

Ok, for the guys getting less mileage .. what i did was took a can of Carburettor cleaner and sprayed it in the MAF venturi on the sensors cleaning the dirt, and spray whilst the engine runs, it will try to cut out but keep hands on throttle to rev it as it dies, .... when using carb cleaner fit the long spout tube that comes with it as this way you direct it where you want!! I did this and noticed a big difference.. i.e. quicker throttle response and a faster car which means it will burn petrol and air nicely, idle is noticely better, it may idle faster but need to turn down... I have a full janspeed 4 branch system including a janspeed de-cat all the way back including an almera 1.6 airbox with K&N filter e.t.c on a 1.3 so you can imagine the amount of petrol will shoot thru the engine but driving sensibly you do notice ecnomical sides of the micra..... eventualy im gonna change my MAF for a new one to see if anything better comes out regarding the mileage to gallon... also as petrol is expensive you will getless for the money so you dont see much in the tank and before you know it your in the station again, not forgetting how much the petrol is watered down enough that it will run the car sufficiently with all the #### additives they put in it which isnt needed..

j
amount of fuel shooting through lol J, you,re probably running very lean with that setup :eek:

On a full tank of unleaded, I can get over 300 miles with careful driving (not sure what the MPG works out to), I can get to Wales and back, (240 odd miles round trip) and still have enough to run around on. By just putting 15 litres of unleaded in, I can get 140 - 150 miles on the urban cycle. I don't do more than 60 mph on the motorways and put 5 litres of super unleaded in periodically to clean her through. She runs happily with no problems. I've had her nearly 9 years from new and she's a truly great little car. I won't be selling her, just can't do it.

i put in 20 today but i only got 120 from the previous 20 but it was silly driving and traffic... and i filled up before well below the line so i didnt leave it that far this time

On a full tank of unleaded, I can get over 300 miles with careful driving (not sure what the MPG works out to), I can get to Wales and back, (240 odd miles round trip) and still have enough to run around on. By just putting 15 litres of unleaded in, I can get 140 - 150 miles on the urban cycle. I don't do more than 60 mph on the motorways and put 5 litres of super unleaded in periodically to clean her through. She runs happily with no problems. I've had her nearly 9 years from new and she's a truly great little car. I won't be selling her, just can't do it.

k11'er of the month right here :grinning:

I haven't done 10p a mile since my K10 in 2001, when petrol was 59.9p a litre.....

I manage now about 17p a mile, 35mpg, which works out at about 59 miles per £10.

Mostly A-road use, A41 and then through a couple towns to work, in 5th gear most of the time.

I've done nearly 700KM with a full tank this summer :) Highway driving @110KMH 2 people on board, boot full of luggages.

450 miles on a full tank.
3500 miles in two weeks across europe and through the alps, and still managed 450 miles to a tank! Great little car:)

Just done 500 miles today to Somerset and back in the 1.3 K11 ..... topped up the tank and red light just started to come on 345 miles later ... as I pulled into to fill up....... And that was 80-90 on the clock all the way ...... except for the 50 limit on the M25 of course :wasntme:

Brill little motor.

get about 420 miles to a full tank in my SR, great economy! but thats at 70/75mph tops on motorway, when i got her i drive along at 90ish whole way and only got 250 to a tank, still not too bad considering its 50 quid to fill up!

Went to Wales again recently and with some urban running when I got back, got 332 miles and that was only to the top of the red on the gauge. 55-60 mph on the M4.

my 1.3 turbo running v-power does:
urban light: 35-40mpg
urban harsh: 30-35mpg
motorway 60mph light: 45-50mpg
motorway 70mph light: 40-45mpg
motorway 70mph harsh: 35-40mpg
motorway 80mph harsh: 30-35mpg

oh and trackdays: 20-25mpg

I'm going to reset the mileage counter (I realized I could do this by pressing the left button by the LCD), after a full fill and see how many miles I can do, doing the short journeys I tend to do.

Back