Only getting 170 from full tank

Hi, filled tank up 2 weeks ago arou d 36 litres and have only managed 175 miles, i drove it as economically as i could and to keep up with traffic only used in 30 and 20mph zones so loads of stop start driving few steep slopes at 100 yards or so. Cvt gearbox seems to take 10 minutes or so before it changes gears before that it hits just under 2k rpm to keep it hovering around 30mph.

Any thoughts as to what I can do, I have changed 2 litres of gesrbox oil 4 wks ago and will be changing another 2 in a few days time until it comes through as close to red as possible.

Thanks

A CVT not up to spec somehow (but don't ask me for what you might be able to squeeze out yourself here), can give bad mileage. The usual suspects engine wise are lambda, MAF and airleaks.

Will changing the auto box fluid a couple of times really make a noticeable difference, it a one owner from new 39k, will try changing or checking the parts you mentioned will a snapon diagnostic tool be able to check if the parts mentioned are ok or faulty. I was hopin to keep it for a few yrs but at the rate of miles its giving me at present its only giving me 23 to 25 mpg

Back