100,000 miles - taking effect?

Quick question - is 100k miles a lot for a Micra to take? It works out as less than average, a little under 10k/ year, but will that amount of mileage be starting to take its toll on the oily bits?

pete

the top timing chain on my super s was shot at 100k (but the car had endured some serious abuse :blush: ) as long the engine sounds ok, 100k is fine imo

If its been looked after, oil changed ferquently, and other bits changed, then over 250,000 is possible I know cause my last one did it.

Cheers chaps :)

Quick phone call, the one I was looking at has no service history at all, which doens't bode well - only so much you can tell from an inspection, ain't there... or would it be worth a look and a haggle?

whats the spec of it pete?

"1996 N Reg NISSAN Micra 1.3 GX

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 100,000 miles, electric blue, MOT-07-2009. very good condition, drives faultless, bargain, £595"

That's what I got. Salesman says theres no history at all, just wondering if it's worth a two hour round trip or not... obviously haggling is a given...

i'd say take it, i bought mine for 995 s reg ally green 124600 miles and no service history. do u get any sort of warranty with it?

Standard 3 months from a trader... think I'll have a look round it and make my mind up. Looks decentish on the pics, depends what the sills are like :p

I'll be giving it a full service before it goes anywhere anyway, mind...

Anyone in the Leeds-Yorkshire area, fancies having a look at it with me, drop me a PM? *cheeky git (with beer and Maltesers) mode on*

very few k11's have any history i have seen atleast 10 all of them without history. No one cares about history on them eventhough most get oil changes done regularly.

just be sure to check it properly any odd noises etc.

Well, the car was mint, absolutely worth the money... never mind the £50 I haggled off - sadly the dealer was a complete idiot and lost the sale... yes I'm picky, but I still have the right not to get spoken to like ****...

Well, the car was mint, absolutely worth the money... never mind the £50 I haggled off - sadly the dealer was a complete idiot and lost the sale... yes I'm picky, but I still have the right not to get spoken to like ****...

what did he say?? I had this from dealers loads of times but thats normally after I tell them Im not paying 2 grand for a pile of rust

Put "sold as seen" on the invoice, then got really arsey when I queried it - there's been no mention of that, or that it was anything other than a full consumer sale, preivously. It's not the inclusion of those words, it's the way he reacted that set alarm bells going - as if I could have missed something big that he knew about.

Back