1.4 micra question

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Will a janspeed manifold and ashley cat back system fit on a 2001 1.4 micra. Also can cams be got for for a 1.4 . Will coilovers etc fitt too. Just ive seen a nice 1.4 micra im thinking of getting and want to check before hand. off topic here but are they much quicker if any to the 1.3.

Yes everything will fit. Fitting a Janspeed on a CGA3 will result in the engine management light coming on as the 2nd lambda sensor won't be connected, to combat this you really need to fit the 2nd lambda, a nut will need to be welded on to the janspeed to allow a place for the lambda to fit.

Coilovers will fit fine too.

You can get cams for the CGA3, Matt Humpries can supply these. Problem with the CGA3 is the engine management. The ECU can not be re-mapped so a stand alone ECU such as Omex is reccomended.

I believe the CG13 is 75 BHP and CGA3 is 80 BHP as standard, not 100% on that though.

P.S. this is in the wrong section.

mine ran 86bhp standard... but I might be lucky. as Ollie already said they are abit harder to modify especially the ECU

Well the key to getting the most out of modifications is the ECU, how easy is it to map.

The Coil Pack K11s were fantastic engines as standard, but really do not take well to being tampered with it really is a case of fitting Omex which is a long winded and expensive process.

The earlier K11s are far better from this point of view. Either using a piggy back ECU or better still having the Standard ECU mapped releases a lot more potential out of the engine. I know ed will do the standard ECU mapping for a figure of just over £300 (please check with him to confirm prices).

If you have the money to do it, I'd go with the coil pack engine, the CGA3 and go with Omex.

Otherwise go for a pre 2000 K11, and spend the extra money on head work and wild cams, along with an ECU re-map.

Just my 2pence worth. Above details may not be 100% accurate.

thanks for the advice. i have a 1998 facelift 1.3 at the minute, seen that coilpack thing on them before, will look into a ecu and see how muh it would cost before i do anything. real aim is a bog standard k11 that is set up handling wise and powerwise for the odd trackday and all round sleeper, have exhaust system and coilovers off my current one so its a start anyway

Our 773 cams will work well in either a cg13 or a cga.3 engine. You could try some bigger injectors if you felt the car was running lean.
We used some Primera P11 1.8 injectors and a group A air box on a 1.0 coil pack engine with some challenge cams and this made a noticable difference with the exhaust. It also had a sports front cat fitted and the car still passed on emissions for the MOT. It surprised us on the emissions because the engine was very flat until the injectors were replaced.

If your main concern is the ecu, then you might wanna stick to the CG13. Dont quote me on that though!

When my car is paid off (god knows how long that will be!) i will be looking at a full custom exhaust with hi flow cat, some cams off Matt^, bigger injectors etc. Only then will i 'look' the ecu lol but i imagine it will already be a significant amount quicker.

Back