K11 1.4 gearbox question

Hi guys, quick question....

I have a 52 plate 1.4 K11 and im losing reverse and its getting a bit noisey. Will a gearbox off any of the other coilpack generation K11 fit my 1.4 and are the ratios etc the same?

Cheers
Kev

Yes all coilpack ones will fit.

All 1.4 are the same, 1.0 have a lower final drive, so they'll make it feel a little nippier in acceleration, if its a daily micra I believe a lot of people complain they sit at high revs on the motorway tho so bear that in mind

Get cha. Well would make more sense to drop a whole lump in including gearbox. Only way i can think of off my head rather than checking numbers etc is ask a 1l owner what their car revs at at 70mph. If yours is the same then you must have 1l GB? All the Cg engines redline at 7300 rpm so think you can check it this way?

Get cha. Well would make more sense to drop a whole lump in including gearbox. Only way i can think of off my head rather than checking numbers etc is ask a 1l owner what their car revs at at 70mph. If yours is the same then you must have 1l GB? All the Cg engines redline at 7300 rpm so think you can check it this way?
What if you work out the overall gearing including the diff, rotate the gearbox input shaft and count how many times the driveshaft etc go round? I'd suggest putting it in say 5th year as the counting should be easier... You'd also need to work out if the open diff will make some difference if both driveshafts don't turn. Haven't done it but it should work...

matt humphris posted up that he counts the teeth on the crownwheel iirc (down the speedo hole i guess)
Mark one with a permanent marker and count till it comes round again then? You'd need to know the tooth count on the 2 available crown wheels then...

Nissan4u probably lists the available crownwheels right?

I love my 1.0l gbox on my 1.4 engine. I set off in 2nd all the time and it sits at 3500rpm at 70, and 3000rpm at 60. Oh, 1st gear works perfectly well, its just that the extra power of the 1.4 can cope with 2nd.

Back