Micra 1.4 Engine info help please

M

Monkey

To Quote james from another Thread (i didnt want ot take it off topic)

James said:
The K11 never had a GA14DE, the "1.4" facelift K11s used a CG13 bored out to 1348cc and badged as a 1.4 to give it the engine code CGA3DE (80bhp).

just before i bought the SE i was going to buy a K12 (Brand New) and the salesman, salesmanager and the parts guy all agreed that the engine in that car is the 1.4 from the almera (N15 Phase 1 + 2) and thay also agreed that the engine was put in the K11. i have looked a bit online for info but i couldnt find anything out. i will endevor to find out more as i want to know my 0-60 time etc from factory. so if you have any websites with the info. and any other info please.

so i can go back to the dealership and call them muppets

They are muppets.. the CGA3DE is NOT a GA14DE

The GA14DE is used in the Almeras
The CR14DE is used in the K12s i THINK
The CGA3DE is used in the post 2000 K11s.

The CGA3DE has 80bhp, similar amount of torque (in lb/ft i think), would imagine the 0-60 isnt much quicker then a cg13, maybe 11/12 secs?

You can find some info on Parkers choosing section:

Engine Size:1348 cc
Cylinders:4
0-60 mph:11.5 s
Power Output:80 bhp
Valves:16
Torque:108 Nm
Torque:80 lb/ft
Top Speed:106 mph

As for them trying to tell you it had the 1.4 out of the N15 I think that's a bit off by them, and its a load of crap, you should be able to tell, the GA series have "Nissan" and "Twin Cam 16-valve" on the same line, wheras the CG will say "Nissan" on the top and "Twin Cam 16-valve" underneath the coilpacks

are you happy with the car? if not they would have to buy it back off you as they miss-selled it.

nizzanz1 said:
are you happy with the car? if not they would have to buy it back off you as they miss-selled it.

Oh im more thna happy with the car thats not the problem. my lack of knowledge of my car and receiving faulse info from the so-called professionals is my problem

i didnt buy the car from them, and i didnt buy a K12 but if i had forked out £10k and found out it had a different engine to what i was told then i'd be mad

i think you confused "salesmen" with "professional" lol.
if you think of what comes out the rear end of a bull, then would get the idea of what salesmen talk about.

Back