1.3 problem help please.

A friend of mine has just bought a 1.3 sr, as its his first car, its kinda in bad nick cosmetic wise. We had a side by side on a slip road and i comfortably beat him. I only have an induction kit, exhaust from the manifold back, springs and shocks on a 1.0 jdm . surlely a 1.0 cant beat a 1.3 so theres definatly something wrong. Ive been looking at the engine to try and find some sort of engine code, on the gear box it says cg10 i was hope if theres a code on the engine itself ?

Yea, that person would be me, it is registered as a 1.3 SR micra k11, 1996 model, it has P/W, Power locks, but no power steering:(, im not sure what is going on.

give it a good service and see if that helps,

as far as power steering goes, its PAS so its not quite power steering, it should have a little resivoir in the top left of the engine if it does mate :)

Well we gave it a service today, and it does seem a bit quicker, also when i bought it the guy said that the throttle body had a problem, and that he did a DIY on a circuit board to fix it, anyone think that could be a problem??

I just did a HPI check (which i should have done before purchasing the car), and it checks out, micra SR 1.3, 96, Green, Im am gonna go check at the nissan garage tommorow to see if they can help me.

about 2 years ago i had a Nissan Micra SR in green matalic, had a some body work problems and had a 1.0 gearbox and im sure it had a 1,3 engine. maybe its the same i had a few years back.

I had three micras at the time (dont ask lol) and trying to sell them on, i had to sell the green SR due to funds without me fixing it up. is the number plate N*** PVK? (didnt write all the no. plate for obvious reasons) When i had that car both wheel arches were badly rusting and had an un explainable electrical problem, was weird cuz me and my uncle took out the temp sensor and tried another spare on and it worked fine (was jumping and cutting out when i had it)

i remember all the no. plates of all cars i had. the N *** PVK was correct, but it picked up off the line quicker cuz it had a 1.0 gearbox but the standard cg13 SR engine. Hope everything turns out well..... ill have a look at my haynes manual about if there is a stamp of CG13DE on the engine block and pass the info on to you.... give me a few minutes......:grinning:

can i ask what speed you think the gears go to 1st-5th?? e.g. 1st- 30mph. 2nd-55mph etc....if you think 3rd goes to 85mph+ then im sure the engine is a 1.0 and the gearbox is a 1.3l as it wouldnt have cg10 anywhere

Im still trying to find the engine number, and have had no luck, anyone have any pics???

Update: I took the car to a nissan garage and got a nissan mechanic to look at it, and I was informed that it does infact have a 1 litre engine, I am gutted at this, so I have contacted the guy and I should get my money back, but I am looking at cost benefits of keeping the car.

Pros: car has good chassis, engine and gearbox are perfect and run well, it has all SR extras, P/W, Power locks, SR seats and etc, I only paid £280 for it.

Cons: Wing and bootlid need respraying, left front wheel needs recambering, engine is 1 litre rather then a 1.3.

I am looking at grabbing a 1.3 engine from a scrappies and pop it in, I know a guy who can put it cheap, i would keep the G/Box as it is stronger, im in the proccess of respraying the wing and boot.

So which way should I go, as we all know an SR is roughly £695.

so i was right lol the gearbox could still be the 1.3 you know. and dropping a 1.3 engine in would be simple and the best thing to do to it

Just think, that extra power and it'd make no difference to insurance if they've already got it down as a 1.3!

you can pick up a cg13 for roughley £80.

there was a guy on the primera fourm with a GT and the previuos owner went to nissan for a new engine and they fitted a lower BPH sr20 engine...they guy who brought the car after was gutted when he found out when it got dynoed!

tbh i would get your money back and get a good example of a micra there are a few out there and it saves messing with engine swaps as in reality you paid for a 1.3 and got a 1.0. and you maybe able to pick one up wich requires no painting gving u a better base to work from.

Back