1.3 conversion--------

Hi, i know this must have been covered a million times, as im looking to do an engine swap from a 1.0L to a 1.3 whats needed apart from the engine and gearbox? if someone can kindly make a small list of items needed, as i will need them soon, my b-----d gearbox decided to whine on me so i might aswell do a change for some speed... the 1.0l is gutless and having the 1.3 cams in the engine did help but am hungry for power and would like to keep up with traffic :)

Cheers

J

well all you need is the main block and stuff everything is the same.... im about to do it this week i think check out my blog

Hiya mate, goodluck with yours!!, also what about the drive shafts? what ones will you be using and also what gearbox?

Cheers

J

you,re right J, it has been covered a million times fwn
so here we go again,,,, the pre98 1.0 has a smaller f/w, clutch, g/box, shafts, mounts/brackets, gearchange and support member

you,re right J, it has been covered a million times fwn
so here we go again,,,, the pre98 1.0 has a smaller f/w, clutch, g/box, shafts, mounts/brackets, gearchange and support member

So basically if you were going to put a 1.3 in a pre 98 1.0 you would just unbolt the engine from the gear box and replace with the 1.3 connect up the pipes and wires and vroom off down the road - once you had notified the DVLA and your insurance company :p You'd have the smaller clutch and slightly shorter final drive and the other bits like slightly different hubs and smaller diameter drive shafts? If you wanted to use the 1.3 box you'd need all the above from the donor? I'm pretty sure thats right but just want to confirm. Its not like I actually intend to do it or anything, just want to be sure what I think I know is correct.

Hi frank, could you write a small list of what i would need for the conversion please, my car is a 95 M reg

Cheers

J

i,ve already listed the parts needed J ffs :p
or else do what i did (and what mark mentioned) ie, fit the 1.3 engine only, and retain your f/w, clutch, g/box etc

Ok guys i appreciate your posts back, can i ask, using the 1.0l gearbox, wouldnt be restricted with speed at top end? and also fitting the engine with the 1.0l gearbox would it be quickerin the 0-60,. just dont want to blow the B-----D gearbox as i need a new box cos mine is whining good and proper.

J

there,s very little difference (3.9:1 and 4.0:1) in the type 41 g/box diff ratio and the type 30 g/box (1.3)
the later 1.0 g/box diff is somewhat lower tho (4.45:1 iirc)
and have you checked your gearoil level ?

Hi frank, yeah i checked my gearbox oil and its at the top, i recently had a new clutch fitted and fresh gear oil, gutted now i need another gearbox too... so the gearbox type 41, in what years are they on the K11, also the gearbox with the electronic speedo, can i take the gear out and swap it for a mechanical gear?

J

someone needs to make a guide for this, seriously its so easy to do and its explained many times on here. ill make one next time i do the conversion but its rare tbh

Hi frank thanks for your advice and everyone else, i now need a gearbox pre98 1.0L so if anyone has one in good running condition im interested!!! :grinning:

Oh one otherthing frank, did you notice a big difference in the speed from a 1.0l, i.e. 0-60? and petrol consumption?? i was told that the 1.3 is more economical than the 1.0l, couldnt work that out to be honest and if you could shed a light on it? :grinning:

Cheers

J

righto my little thing will be up tomorrow for it all so take a look and ill show you how easy it is! now ive gone and jinxed it! lol

Back